Alabama Recruiting

PillsburyDoughboy

LoL. I think Nick Saban, his process, and the end result of 7 national championships since Tennessee last won its second (?) ever speaks for itself. Saban doesn't take a back seat to anyone when it comes to talent evaluation and program building and sustainability.
THIS! He's the GOAT for a reason

deerfanatic

I'm all Vol, win, lose or draw. Grew up in South Knoxville. Sold cokes in the stadium, worked in a concession stand and held season tickets for years. with that said, the NIL, transfer portal is somewhat disheartening, for lack of better words. And opting out of a bowl game. WTF. I understand you do not want to get injured. However, aren't they essentially under contract. The school provides an education, and you play football. you going to opt out of classes? What ever happened to education?
As bad as I hate opting out of bowl games I do understand it but back to what you said about opting out of going to class…I think lots if not most for sure draft picks do quit school to focus on preparing for the draft. At the point they opt out of a bowl and declare they are entering the draft school doesn't matter. Improving your 40 time, long jump or shuttle time might move you up a few picks and gain you thousands and maybe more. A scholarship is a contract between the school and player. It's not binding like joint the military and signing genie contract. I hate the way it is but I can't blame them for not playing in a game that could cost some of them millions and set their families for a very long time. I love hooker but I bet if he had known what would happen he would not have played that last fateful game against sc. no point in risking that much in a meaningless exhibition bowl game. Good news is when the playoffs expand a few more of these games won't be meaningless and have way less opt outs.

Latest posts