6mm Creedmoor

markwondi

2-Step Enabled
SPR finished up my 6mm Creedmoor about a month ago and so far during break in, it's showing promise. I used my custom reamer design for this barrel, which I designed around the Berger 109gr LRHT. Another member used my reamer as well on his build and it hammers with the 75gr hammer HHT's.

Shots 3-7 out of the barrel in the target picture.

I plan to retire my 6.5x47 for PRS and just make it a long range steel rifle and start using this 6mm CM.

I'll update once the barrel has settled in and the load finalized.

Attachments

• IMG_8411.jpeg
    IMG_8411.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_8274.jpeg
    IMG_8274.jpeg
    250.6 KB · Views: 34

markwondi

2-Step Enabled
My only complaint with Berger is the cost. But I may try a couple boxes anyway
Yeah, that's definitely a downside, along with availability.

I like the ELD-M's for hunting but I'm a Berger fan for LR steel simply because I've had too many ELD's not make it to the target due to their thin jackets. Keeping the rpm below 280,000 is imperative with them.

Jcalder

Yeah, that's definitely a downside, along with availability.

I like the ELD-M's for hunting but I'm a Berger fan for LR steel simply because I've had too many ELD's not make it to the target due to their thin jackets. Keeping the rpm below 280,000 is imperative with them.
I've read that, but the number was 300k. I didn't know that was a thing until I started down this path

Remi

I bought a new factory take off from Northland Shooters in 6cm. It's a 26" threaded light varmint so it looks like I'm preparing for the caber toss in the Highland Games but my goodness it shoots good. It's a lay down and shoot steel/targets rifle, my 243 will magically become a 6cm when it's barrel dies.

Mine shoots good too, 10 @ 125yds

Peterson brass
Hornady 105 match
H4350 - 38.5grs
Cci200 sparkler

Attachments

• IMG_2856.jpeg
    IMG_2856.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 12

markwondi

2-Step Enabled
I bought a new factory take off from Northland Shooters in 6cm. It's a 26" threaded light varmint so it looks like I'm preparing for the caber toss in the Highland Games but my goodness it shoots good. It's a lay down and shoot steel/targets rifle, my 243 will magically become a 6cm when it's barrel dies.

Mine shoots good too, 10 @ 125yds

Peterson brass
Hornady 105 match
H4350 - 38.5grs
Cci200 sparkler
Looking good!

Remi

Looking good!

A guy around here shot the 6cm forever out to 1500yds and he told me to try that load first. He said it's not blazing fast but crazy accurate. For me to shoot a group like that it must be wrapped pretty tight.

Farthest I've had mine is a shade over 600. Hopefully I can stretch it later on.

Remi

A friend has two, one Seekins and one Ruger American Predator. Both shoot amazing.

Latest posts