Mud Creek

1221150610a.jpg

Just wanted to share. Took the dogs on a hunt yesterday with my nephew, my cousin, and his son. We had a great day and accomplished what I wanted. This picture shows the 300th rabbit that's been killed over these 3 dogs(Cindy, Sammy, and Buck). They're not field champions, they don't come from field champions, they may not be perfect but they're perfect for me. I was blessed to have these 3 teach me what it meant to be a rabbit dog. Hunt for the rabbit, jump the rabbit, lock on and run him to the gun, REPEAT. They're not meat hounds running fast and rough through thickets causing rabbits to run everywhere, there has been no jump shooting. No big hunting leases just farms and a few WMA's. They're 8 years old now and have provided me with countless memories.

There's really only 1 negative to come from this. We killed 3 out of the 4, during the 4th race Buck had his 2nd fit in as many weeks and his 5th since the last day of season last year. They have been ran hard all their life and I just don't think ol Buck has many more of the long days in him. I think I'm just gonna retire the old boy to short hunts with young dogs and some pup training. He, maybe more than anything else I own, has gave me all he has and then some after 300 rabbits I see no point in pushing him he deserves the easy life. I even let him ride home up front with me for the first time which he loved. I'm very proud of my pack and especially these 3 RABBIT DOGS!!!!!

Sorry for pic quality, it's a picture of a picture.(sugar caught the rabbit wounded and pretty much tore him up)

tailchaser

congrats on the hunt I agree on still taking him out on short hunts,just like people you got to keep moving a little or you'll get stiff and can't move plus he's got it in his blood to hunt them wabbits.

Hunt2Live

Nice! Do know anybody that has any good running dogs for sale in middle tn? And nice 1100 you got there! :super:

Mud Creek

Thanks. Actually not 1100 Its a Smith&Wesson. The old man will be going with pups but that's about all. I knew of someone with a nice female for sale I'll ask if they sold her yet or not.

Hunt2Live

Alright, thanks. Just pm me when you find out. That smith&Wesson really looks looks like an 1100!