30-06 at 3032yards

I could probably do that with my 742 Woodsmaster too.

IMG_0912.jpeg

IMG_0911.jpeg

I resemble that remark. 😎

PillsburyDoughboy

IMHO there is not a finer caliber than the 30-06 on the planet . The first deer rifle I ever hunted with was a Japanese Arisaka in 6.5 x50 that my dad allowed me to use. Mainly because that was what we had that he was not using. When I turned 18 and got my own funds I bought a 30-30 with steel butplate. Kicked like a mule (at the time) It had a trashco scope on it that I am sure to this day was trash and I could not hit the broad side of the barn.

I traded that gun in on a Remington 700 ADL with another Trashco Scope in 30-06 . It shot lights out the first season till the scope fogged up on a cold weather hunt. I ripped that sucker off and bought a Burris Scope the next season and I kept that gun till I could afford the dream rifle I wanted which was the Remington 700 Mountain Rifle in 30-06 . I outfitted that one with a Leupold Scope. It shot like a dream and over time tweaked that rifle. I upgraded the trigger to a Jewell trigger , Restocked it with a Custom McMillian, and eventually having it rebarreled with a Shaw Barrel. It weighed about 1/4 lb heavier when all said and done but the results were mo better. Went from around a 2" gun at 100 yards with a wide variety of loads and maybe 1.5 inch groups with pet loads to shooting a solid 1 inch group with a variety of loads . Throw any box down its throat and it would shoot it. With a couple of pet loads it would shoot Sub MOA all day long. Finest Rifle a man could own. My only regret was not making it a 30-06 AI when I did it.

Creek bottoms

IMHO there is not a finer caliber than the 30-06 on the planet . The first deer rifle I ever hunted with was a Japanese Arisaka in 6.5 x50 that my dad allowed me to use. Mainly because that was what we had that he was not using. When I turned 18 and got my own funds I bought a 30-30 with steel butplate. Kicked like a mule (at the time) It had a trashco scope on it that I am sure to this day was trash and I could not hit the broad side of the barn.

I traded that gun in on a Remington 700 ADL with another Trashco Scope in 30-06 . It shot lights out the first season till the scope fogged up on a cold weather hunt. I ripped that sucker off and bought a Burris Scope the next season and I kept that gun till I could afford the dream rifle I wanted which was the Remington 700 Mountain Rifle in 30-06 . I outfitted that one with a Leupold Scope. It shot like a dream and over time tweaked that rifle. I upgraded the trigger to a Jewell trigger , Restocked it with a Custom McMillian, and eventually having it rebarreled with a Shaw Barrel. It weighed about 1/4 lb heavier when all said and done but the results were mo better. Went from around a 2" gun at 100 yards with a wide variety of loads and maybe 1.5 inch groups with pet loads to shooting a solid 1 inch group with a variety of loads . Throw any box down its throat and it would shoot it. With a couple of pet loads it would shoot Sub MOA all day long. Finest Rifle a man could own. My only regret was not making it a 30-06 AI when I did it.
Not too late.

Latest posts