2023 Kill Thread

tntrkkllr

Have lots of history with this deer. I passed him up last year in hopes he'd be bigger this year. Was the same exact size this year which makes me think he was 5.5 last year and 6.5 this year and peaked out. Passed him up on Oct this year as well. I have a video from 12-5 and looking back it looks like something's wrong with him. He may have been shot during rifle and infection set in. Hate to see them go like this.
View attachment 207317
Man I hate to hear and see it!

backyardtndeer

Have lots of history with this deer. I passed him up last year in hopes he'd be bigger this year. Was the same exact size this year which makes me think he was 5.5 last year and 6.5 this year and peaked out. Passed him up on Oct this year as well. I have a video from 12-5 and looking back it looks like something's wrong with him. He may have been shot during rifle and infection set in. Hate to see them go like this.
View attachment 207317
That's a shame. I'd be inclined to sit over the carcass and bust some coyotes.

41Magnum

I passed up so many bucks this year. I had 3 nice bucks that I saw a few times and just couldn't get a decent shot on any of them. I've been carrying around my dad's rifle the last couple years trying to take a nice one with it. The old man wouldn't have shot this little guy, but it was cold and he was in a good spot. I'm glad to have some meat in the freezer.
Congrats! Nice rifle too

jakeway

My granddaughter's first buck. Love the "selfie".

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 13
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 14

lafn96

In August, got permission from a neighbor to hunt his very large farm. Have only hunted a small piece of it so far till yesterday. Soon as I got off work at 4:30; headed to a piece of his property that I had a feeling no one else hunted. Really thought it'd just be an observation sit from a hill that I could see a big chunk of the property. Mainly open cattle pastures, with some good hardwoods around ditches/creeks. 10 min after I sit down, spot a coyote at 150 yds on a jog, figured he needed a rest. Shortly after that, see what appears to be a very big bodied buck that came out of a creek bottom, but he's over 1000 yds away and I can't see anything more than that. Know where he came from and where he went to, so hopefully I can catch up with him before the end of the season. About an hour later with light fading fast, have 3 does at about 120 yds. Put one of them down for what's probably my last deer of the year; unless I catch up with that buck.

20231214_165009.jpg

20231214_181039.jpg

Snake

In August, got permission from a neighbor to hunt his very large farm. Have only hunted a small piece of it so far till yesterday. Soon as I got off work at 4:30; headed to a piece of his property that I had a feeling no one else hunted. Really thought it'd just be an observation sit from a hill that I could see a big chunk of the property. Mainly open cattle pastures, with some good hardwoods around ditches/creeks. 10 min after I sit down, spot a coyote at 150 yds on a jog, figured he needed a rest. Shortly after that, see what appears to be a very big bodied buck that came out of a creek bottom, but he's over 1000 yds away and I can't see anything more than that. Know where he came from and where he went to, so hopefully I can catch up with him before the end of the season. About an hour later with light fading fast, have 3 does at about 120 yds. Put one of them down for what's probably my last deer of the year; unless I catch up with that buck.

View attachment 207584
View attachment 207585
Congrats on the yote and doe .