2021 blackberries are cranking up

BamaProud

I've probably picked a pound over the last 10-15 days but over the last 3 days they have really taken off. I picked almost a pound and a quarter today and left a bunch of almost ripe ones on the vines.

KY48S2R.jpg

8pGjVKq.jpg

Biggest was 15 grams

Chapman

Looks good. I used to grow Brazos blackberries when I lived at my parents. They were a little tart but my Mother made some great jelly with them. They had some killer thorns on them, you couldn't get in too big of a hurry when you picked them.

bigtex

Lookin good!! Your berries are way ahead of mine. Mine aren't even turning red yet, but it looks like I will have a bumper crop.
I did pick a handful of raspberries yesterday though.
Break out the carboys lol.

Chapman

That's a nice picking of berries. I pick the wild dewberries down here, lots of walking and bending over and much smaller berries.

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
I have a lot of blackberries on my place, but they only get a little bigger than a pea. I don't pick them because of how many it takes to make enough to do something with. My old place had normal sized ones. I was thinking I might pick some regular sized ones and leave out for the birds in hope they eat and replant a different variety.

Latest posts