#2. Loudmouth

30-06 type of guy

Been getting it handed to me all week on this wma between birds pushing to private, not many gobbling and working one only for the crow caller to go past my truck and kill him from the opposite end. Didn't heard a thing the first hour so I got up and went to the opposite end of this piece. Trying to listen walking I thought I had heard a faint gobble. Knew if he was on the ridge then he'd find his way off to the field so I made a big loop. Got to the top didn't hear him then got about half way down the ridge and he starts hammering. Covered about 350 more yards before I called to him to spin him around. He hammered but seem to just be staying put so I put a hill in the field in between us and tried to make it just where I could see over it then boom he was already there and that's all she wrote for my season. I'd bet you he gobbled at least 100 times. I hate some wet feathers tho.
IMG_5678.jpeg
IMG_5688.jpeg

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Been getting it handed to me all week on this wma between birds pushing to private, not many gobbling and working one only for the crow caller to go past my truck and kill him from the opposite end. Didn't heard a thing the first hour so I got up and went to the opposite end of this piece. Trying to listen walking I thought I had heard a faint gobble. Knew if he was on the ridge then he'd find his way off to the field so I made a big loop. Got to the top didn't hear him then got about half way down the ridge and he starts hammering. Covered about 350 more yards before I called to him to spin him around. He hammered but seem to just be staying put so I put a hill in the field in between us and tried to make it just where I could see over it then boom he was already there and that's all she wrote for my season. I'd bet you he gobbled at least 100 times. I hate some wet feathers tho. View attachment 224494View attachment 224495
Please tell us you DID NOT wear those crocs in the turkey woods?! 😂

Latest posts