1st limit this season.....

redblood

Today was my opener as football kept me out of the woods on the opener. Cool temps and fog foreshadowed a good morning lied ahead.Started a bit slow as cool mornings often do. Only 2 graced my squirrel stick by 7am. Picked up squirrels 3 through 7 in a 15 minute stretch. Bounced squirrel 8 out of an ancient hickory at 730 on the button. With the limit assured I slowed my pace a bit and took a few moments to enjoy such a magnificent morn. NO. 9 was introduced to to the TN clay after being toppled from a big red oak. As expected, the balance of this mornings fare preferred hickory. Ended the hunt with a light colored fox caught slinking through small woodlit that seperates too larger parcels of unbroken woods. Great hunt. Went 10 for 12 with a squib on squirrel 2 and a finisher on squirrel 4. 7 gray, 3 fox. 5 male and 5 female. 8 travelers and 2 cutters. No barkers on this day.

Attachments

• 20170827_081806.jpg
    20170827_081806.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 4,553

Rjratliff1975

That's awesome! I figured you would be showing a limit soon! I'm hoping I get one this year. Didn't manage to get a limit all of last year.

winchester77jj

Man I miss the days Carlos. Good looking haul redblood. Carlos and I used to spend many a day in the woods after those furry critters but it seems, like so many, time has eluded me. I can't seem to get away like I want. Gonna try to spend next weekend out with my kids though. Hope the weather holds. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts