New potatoes boys!

woodyard

Dug the potatoes this morn i was impressed with the Red Norlands, good yield and size. The Nokota Russets produced some bakers. The row of Kennebecs are still a week to two weeks away. The Norlands are very early comparatively.

When I was a kid I hated to scratch out potatoes worse than any job on the farm. Amazing how much you change in a lifetime. Now it is kind of nice to do these things and produce our food with God growing it.

I remember the time my brother and I planted 100 lbs seed potatoes after my Dad passed away when I was young. I got the gear on the horse and he was going to lay out the rows with him. I wound up having to lead him to get the job done. We made a bunch of potatoes that year. "the good ole days"

rmmonty32

Every time i put potatoes in when i go to dig them up they have wholes eaten in them and some are partially eaten on the outside..i always find small white grubs usually one in each hole. I have tried putting down granules that kill grubs but doesnt work... any ideas?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

MickThompson

rmmonty32":1bx2ri43 said:
Every time i put potatoes in when i go to dig them up they have wholes eaten in them and some are partially eaten on the outside..i always find small white grubs usually one in each hole. I have tried putting down granules that kill grubs but doesnt work... any ideas?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I quit trying to grow them because they'd be nothing but skins when I dug them. I think it was voles in my case.