Opinions...

Bulldog25

Looking to get a new toy. Can't decide on exactly what I want however. 6.5 creed, 300 win mag, 450 bushmaster, AR10... etc. Want something that can reach out some distance, something different than what calibers I currently have, something unique, etc. Mainly for range shooting.

Opinions?

Update:

Have a lower and some parts sitting around so have decided to go the AR route for now.
Still stuck on where exactly I want to go with the build. I've narrowed it to 2 choices: 300 blk pistol or 6.5 grendel w/ 20" barrel.

Bulldog25

EastTNHunter":1pab4mc8 said:
Grendel. AR pistols are fun for a while, but the rifles are far more accurate, versatile and useful. Plinking, varmint hunting, deer hunting.
Was leaning towards this since I already have a 5.56 pistol.

TresMon

6mmARturbo....

6.5 Grendal is anemic. Yes far better at range than straight 22/556...but look at the reported velocities....

6mm Art is grendal necked down to 6mm. Case capacity works better for 6mm pills. 2850- 2900f/s is realistic. It bears a straight Grendal hands down. Accuracy is there too...it's very popular in NRA rifle completion.

And its different...

mr.big

TresMon":350x06rx said:
6mmARturbo....

6.5 Grendal is anemic. Yes far better at range than straight 22/556...but look at the reported velocities....

6mm Art is grendal necked down to 6mm. Case capacity works better for 6mm pills. 2850- 2900f/s is realistic. It bears a straight Grendal hands down. Accuracy is there too...it's very popular in NRA rifle completion.

And its different...
The 6 AR Turbo or the Fat Rat in an AR is about like a 6 BR...which would be really good.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Wiley

I'm building an AR pistol in 300BLK that will have about an 8" barrel (custom cut/profile/thread/crown) and only be used with a suppressor. I have the lower ready and just waiting for the barrel to be done so I can build the upper.

FWIW, the SBA3 pistol brace from SB Tactical is the schnizzle!

Latest posts