deer cart recommendation

FishnFed

You may have read an earlier post of mine. In short, had my deer cart stolen this year after I chained it to a tree. I need to replace it. Any recommendations from past experience? I'm leaning towards the Cabelas Deluxe Game cart. I'll need one that I can put my Summitt Viper on and pull the whole thing up an old but open logging road. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Coldfusion

There's a rock crawler looking one in classifieds that has oversized wheels

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

MickThompson

I'm pretty happy with mine from academy but I've only used it once. Beats the heck out of dragging. It folds flat and goes together with pins. Balancing it is the most important part. I put my climber on the handle side after loading the deer and it was slightly handle heavy, and perfectly balanced I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shanman

I am also in the market for a good deer cart, the "Deerwheeler" looks like it would be a great cart. Price is high but no problem if it is that much lighter and more stable than others. Does the canvas remove and still have enough bracing to us it for hauling stands, would hate to rip the canvas when hauling stands. Any other good ones out there?

tnanh

My wife recently bought me a Shappell Jet Sled. Haven't drug a deer out with it yet but have used it to drag a lot of firewood to the cabin. Probably at least 150 pounds at a time up hill in the rocks. I like it a lot. Sportsmen's guide for about 60.00.

Omega

About the time I began hunting in TN, I didn't know about carts, if they were even out then, I began using a skedco to haul my deer to the nearest trail not long after. It works decently for short hauls, so I keep it on standby, but rarely use it anymore. As I rarely have to move a deer more than 100 yards, I just use a harness and a length of 550 cord to get them out.
skedco-reg-tactical-sked-reg-rescue-system-photo-4.png

33_inuse_01_sm-dual-harness-de.jpg

Latest posts