hen gobbling

260rem

look out the kitchen window seen a turkey look like a hen while watching ,it seem to gobble! I ease out so I could hear and it was gobbling and was clucking some. I had my calls in the garage by the time I got my call it had move off to the edge of yard I call a little to my surprise it came up to the garage and around the driveway seem to be looking for the other turkey then eventually walk off . I got a close look at it no spurs or short beard the head look to have some black hair on it. I have never seen this before or ever heard of anyone saying they seen a hen gobble. Has anyone seen this?

catman529

Seen video of it but not in person. Usually they gobble when they're mad at another hen but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elknturkey

I called up a gobbling hen. Sounded messed up but thought maybe a Tom had damaged his vocal cords. Funny gobble with not much volume. I did hear a bird tearing down this morning. They've been going nuts the past 2 weeks

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
Me and my cousin (gobblegrunt) were hunting by his house about 2 seasons ago and had a hen gobbling. He would gobble at her and she would look and gobble back. At one point she hopped on a falling tree looking and would gobble. Idk if she had a nest close by or what but it was crazy.

Latest posts