LOOKING TO PURCHASE A GOOD TRUMPET

ZachMarkus

I've been pleased with my pappy trumpet so far. If you don't care to wait or spend the money I would get a cox. His trumpets are top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cowhunter71

Lots of "pretty" trumpets out there. Start with something entry level first to see if a trumpet is for you, even a wingbone. Suction calls are tricky. I've run a good wingbone my whole life and just got into the trumpets. Was an easy transition for me. I got one from Mr. Billy. Pricey, but there are none made better and more effective. Go on ebay right now and look at those curly maple trumpets made by conewega calls. I've spelt this wrong I'm sure. He's a Pennsylvania call maker. My buddy has scooped up several off of there for under $30 each. They sound pretty dam good. Even Preston Pittman's trumpet has a good sound. These are good entry level yelpers that won't break the bank. Several good ones mentioned to you on OldGobbler as well.

Rockhound

cowhunter71":1uv1qo13 said:
Lots of "pretty" trumpets out there. Start with something entry level first to see if a trumpet is for you, even a wingbone. Suction calls are tricky. I've run a good wingbone my whole life and just got into the trumpets. Was an easy transition for me. I got one from Mr. Billy. Pricey, but there are none made better and more effective. Go on ebay right now and look at those curly maple trumpets made by conewega calls. I've spelt this wrong I'm sure. He's a Pennsylvania call maker. My buddy has scooped up several off of there for under $30 each. They sound pretty dam good. Even Preston Pittman's trumpet has a good sound. These are good entry level yelpers that won't break the bank. Several good ones mentioned to you on OldGobbler as well.

Pretty doesn't kill for sure. I have fell in love with my trumpets, I don't think it's about the sound you make with it, it's more about the cadence it carries

String Music

cowhunter71":2wwww3jj said:

This post cost me money. I just bought one of the curly maple trumpets for $19.99 shipped.

I've only owned/used one trumpet before so I'm curious to see how this one sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cowhunter71

I bet it will be well worth the $20 ;) My buddy has that one , a dragon wood, a walnut, and a cocobolo, all from that same call maker. They "ALL" sound good and were all under $20 :)

String Music

cowhunter71":14ft68dx said:
I bet it will be well worth the $20 ;) My buddy has that one , a dragon wood, a walnut, and a cocobolo, all from that same call maker. They "ALL" sound good and were all under $20 :)

I'll know it a few days. Can't beat $20 for a trumpet. I should be able to get my money back if it's a dud.

String Music

Tennessee Lead":2kszwjls said:
I've almost pulled the trigger on those eBay trumpet calls but wasn't sure if they were any good.
Price is right on them.

I'll let you know in a few days!

Andy S.

String Music":q94i2abi said:
Can't beat $20 for a trumpet.
Ummmmmm........it just depends on what you are looking for in a trumpet. As previously stated, the "pretty" of the call has nothing to do with the effectiveness of it in the turkey woods, but the length of the call and how all of the diameters of the internals tie together are what really influence the quality of sound, and more importantly, the "easiness" of the call to play (draw air through with minimal effort, and be able to control it). The type of wood having an effect can be debated, but it is the smallest part of the equation when you look at the big picture. Best of luck with your new trumpet.

Latest posts