zilla bird!!!!

sure shot

Got me a woodhaven red wasp yesterday, hoping a different tone might seal the deal with this bird.......Nope no amount of silence, different calls,fighting purrs or distance. I put my brother 50 yds in ft of me and this crazy sob gobbles and struts right past my brother up the field edge and out into the field 70yds in front of my brother......all I can say is I guess im gonna have to set in that corner before daylight and just wait him out with no calls

Setterman

Gotta love the mean nasty hard ones. He will screw you again guaranteed. Gobble back at him, not with one of those crappy shakers but spend an afternoon learning to gobble with the red wasp. It is an easy one to gobble with, and when he gets close cut his gobble off with one of your own, only gobble once followed by an aggressive cutt. Be ready he may run over the top of you.

Grizzly Johnson

sure shot said:
Got me a woodhaven red wasp yesterday, hoping a different tone might seal the deal with this bird.......Nope no amount of silence, different calls,fighting purrs or distance. I put my brother 50 yds in ft of me and this crazy sob gobbles and struts right past my brother up the field edge and out into the field 70yds in front of my brother......all I can say is I guess im gonna have to set in that corner before daylight and just wait him out with no calls

Why didn't he take the shot if he went right by him?

Your right though, may just have to sit and wait him out...... whatever it takes.

A

Anonymous

Bushwhacking is for those that can't play the game. Don't give in to it man. Beat him at his own game or get him next year. I haven't killed one all year and refuse to bushwhack one just to fill a tag. But thats just me :)

Setterman

piehole said:
Bushwhacking is for those that can't play the game. Don't give in to it man. Beat him at his own game or get him next year. I haven't killed one all year and refuse to bushwhack one just to fill a tag. But thats just me :)

I am like you, however I am not going to get involved in someone elses business.

ImThere

piehole said:
You must be real good at the game then :whistle:
Shouldn't be so fast to judge others we got enough anti's doin it
Take him how you feel comfortable doing it. Its your conscious, your hunt.

catman529

piehole said:
Well I for one like to hunt turkeys, not be confined to the rules of a "game." I don't worry about following rules except state hunting laws and etiquette concerning other hunters sharing the land. Makes for some enjoyable hunts and yes, I do love to play the game with a gobbler and hope I will be doing that on sunday or monday. I don't have anything against people who strictly play the game, long as they don't talk down other people for not hunting their way. Bushwhacking is hunting just as much as playing the game is.... The end result is the same...

A

Anonymous

LoL looks like I hit a nerve. :whistle: I don't care how kill him. It's your turkey and your story. Tell it however you want. Catman if all your after is a dead bird then your correct, it's all the same.

medwc

piehole said:

lol, thats like the 6'10" KID telling all the short kids only dunks count during the basketball game.

:/

TNDeerGuy said:
Okay....ignorant turkey novice here�what are ya'll referring to when you say "bushwhacking"?
That's when you se-tup somewhere where you know birds will be at some time during the day. You wait for them to cross the area in front of you and then bang. Or you see birds somewhere, move around to get in thier direction of travel and do the same. No calling, just sit and wait for them to cross near enough for a kill shot. I will do this if the birds are not PLAYING THE GAME or if I see a GOOD opportunity because it is not easy to do to me.

RAFI

ImThere said:
piehole said:

lol

A

Anonymous

RAFI said:
ImThere said:
piehole said:

lol

That is funny. Normally I'm pretty good at it but I suck this year.

RAFI

piehole said:
RAFI said:
ImThere said:
piehole said:

lol

hey thats how turkey are i was just joking mostly.i love to call them in and wont usually sit on a field bc i do that deer hunting but i will stalk turkey if they wont work to the call.think crawling up on a turkey is about as much fun as calling them

ImThere

RAFI said:
piehole said:
RAFI said:
ImThere said:
piehole said:
lol
hey thats how turkey are i was just joking mostly.i love to call them in and wont usually sit on a field bc i do that deer hunting but i will stalk turkey if they wont work to the call.think crawling up on a turkey is about as much fun as calling them
X2

sure shot

Grizzly Johnson said:
sure shot said:
he was 70 yds to far too shoot :(

Why didn't he take the shot if he went right by him?

Your right though, may just have to sit and wait him out...... whatever it takes.

sure shot

and if the turkey isnt playing right??? hmm well its all a game to me,and if i thought i could wait til nxt yr i might, well im not the only runner hunts this property so...i wouldnt set and wait just to bushwack any bird but this ole dirty bird needs a shake down !! and if not calling and rolling in mud or trying to stay concealed in a foot of grass in pouring down rain to put a sneek on a ole nasty...well boys you better stay at home cause that is hunting at its finest...j/s trickin his ears isnt the only way,its just your way...good luck to everyone !!

A

Anonymous

Hey now I'm all for slipping around trying to get him in range, I just don't see the fun sitting and waiting on one. But thats just me. I don't care if you take a .22 mag and sniper him

medwc

piehole said:
Hey now I'm all for slipping around trying to get him in range, I just don't see the fun sitting and waiting on one. But thats just me. I don't care if you take a .22 mag and sniper him
lol, I would really care if someone did that.

Latest posts