YouTube attacks Hunting/Fishing

musical hunter

I don't know if any of y 'all watch YouTube for hunting or fishing, but You Tube has started Demonetizing (not Paying content creators) any channels that have anything to do with hunting and fishing. this is not just a few videos here and there, its all videos and channels. this is a pretty big deal if you ask me. I swear everywhere I look around me there are people and places literally attacking and censoring anything to do with Hunting, Fishing, or Guns. I even got folks in my family that do this from time to time. IDK about anyone else but its starting to get real old and aggravating to me.
Why is this surprising? Youtube demonitizes any channel that isnt left wing nut jobbery.

Antler Daddy

Supporter
If YouTube takes away my moose hunting videos....I’ll be ticked off! I love watching moose drop hunt videos.

The only thing I have heard is that Seek One was demonetized and they are working on it. If THP and Midwest Whitetails disappear, then maybe I don’t need this internet YouTube tv anymore.

ImThere

Rumble. They should've all been transitioning to Rumble long ago. Everyone knows YouTube, Google, and Fakebook are communist totalitarians. Rumble is the free speech alternative to YouTube. And it's run by conservatives. When YouTube started demonetizing everything they didn't agree with people should've seen the writing on the wall. But nobody cares until it hits them in the pocketbook. I have no sympathy for them.
That’s it. Rumble.

Buzzard Breath

If YouTube takes away my moose hunting videos....I’ll be ticked off! I love watching moose drop hunt videos.

The only thing I have heard is that Seek One was demonetized and they are working on it. If THP and Midwest Whitetails disappear, then maybe I don’t need this internet YouTube tv anymore.
I don't know if the new owner still run it this way, but when Bill Winke owned Midwest Whitetails he went with the add free YouTube and didn't make money from them. He had his own sponsors that he featured within the show and didn't want Youtube inserting adds that may complete with them. I haven't watched them since it changed hands.

Midwest Whitetails and a bunch of other hunting and fishing shows can be watched through the Realtree 365 app and you can skip YouTube altogether.

Chickencoop96

Supporter
Someone let me know when you guys get this sorted out and fixed. In the meantime, I'll actually be outside, hunting, fishing, and steading my home, instead of just watching it on tv. You know, doing the things we actually did in person back before the internet.
kind of hard for some of us to do that from work bub

Pioneer1789

I wonder what all the Fudds out there that didn't care about YouTube doing this to guntubers think now.

TX300mag

Neither did I....but CJ Box has new Joe Pickett book, "Dark Skies". Pretty good book, plays out like most in the Pickett series, but it is about a social media giant going on his first hunt. I suppose it is a gesture to Facebook mogul?
I read it when it was released (like I do all his books). He gave an interesting interview about it, too.

If not FB, definitely big tech social media platforms in general. And it’s only gotten more applicable since the book was released.

WTM

Supporter
theyve been demonetizing channels and videos for a few years now and not just hunting and fishing content. it doesnt really mean that the content isnt available, it just means that the revenue from adsense is going to be a fraction of what it would have been. they had a bunch of big companies pull their ads from the platform because of lax control and COPPA violations and having their brands associated with some content that was attracting child predators.

and now we live in a PC world where everything frightens, scares or offends young millenials and gen z'ers, which all the big companies are targeting now with their ads. doesnt make a whole lot of sense since those age groups dont have a whole lot of disposable income, yet.

when you get down to it and do some analytics, ABC company is screwing content creators and theyve went so far as to drop small content creators out of the ad partnership all together. they build this in the AI that makes the decision to demonetize or strike a video.

to be honest, if you run the numbers youre not going to make any descent money unless you have a million views a month and pick up a sponsor along the way and to do that you have to play video games, give away money or do something really stupid.

hear is an example of what supposedly ad sponsors are looking for, 127 million views for this crap:

Last edited:

PalsPal

to be honest, if you run the numbers youre not going to make any descent money unless you have a million views a month and pick up a sponsor along the way and to do that you have to play video games, give away money or do something really stupid.

Your definition of descent must be different than mine.

I've been watching a few videos put out by eBay resellers to look for tips, etc., and see what things I might be missing when I source stuff to sell.

One was very transparent and showed the amount he received from just one video from YouTube. I think it was in the range of $1500 or so. He gets 30-60k views per video.

They are usually in the 15-20 minute range, and he teases something at the end to get people to watch all the way through, which is a key in how much he receives.

He does 2-3 videos per week showing what he has bought, sold etc.

With his full-time eBay and his YouTube channel, he and his wife both quit their regular jobs.

So, there is some very descent money to be made there.

Wildcat

Supporter
Guys, this is the new normal. ANYTHING the left does not like they will try to shut it down. Hunting and fishing are just their next target, sorry but it's true. I've watched YouTube for years and part of it was hunting, years ago I saw a few comments on the videos that were anti-hunting, today there are TONS of anti-hunting comments. YouTube is like Google, Facebook, and Twitter, all far left owners, they turn it to their own views.

These new channels that have hunting and fishing are great BUT watch them start to be attacked by the anti-hunting crowd and their supporters. More and more of them will start popping up in those places pushing their views. Picture this, all of a sudden 10-20-30 new members start popping up out of nowhere saying they are big hunters and fishermen and post stories they see in Field and Stream mag saying they "did that stuff". Then they start to push their views more and more, we "discover" they are anti-hunting and anti-fishing. we ban them but their friends start to take their place. That's how it works in places I "used" to go to. How long do you think TnDeer would last???

Wildcat

Supporter
Your definition of descent must be different than mine.

I've been watching a few videos put out by eBay resellers to look for tips, etc., and see what things I might be missing when I source stuff to sell.

One was very transparent and showed the amount he received from just one video from YouTube. I think it was in the range of $1500 or so. He gets 30-60k views per video.

They are usually in the 15-20 minute range, and he teases something at the end to get people to watch all the way through, which is a key in how much he receives.

He does 2-3 videos per week showing what he has bought, sold etc.

With his full-time eBay and his YouTube channel, he and his wife both quit their regular jobs.

So, there is some very descent money to be made there.

^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^

I know a married couple that is in the lawn care business in Ohio and they make a YouTube video every day on them mowing yards and giving tips. I mean think about it, people WATCHING THEM MOW YARDS. They made enough money off YouTube to pay for a brand new truck AND a brand new snowplow for it all in one year. Crazy!!!

Trophy of the moment

• Trophy by Charles Jones
    "Charlie took this nice 8 point in McNairy County. My son Blake in the...
    • Charles Jones
    • Updated: