Wyoming Survey Regarding Preference Points

tellico4x4

This one is for sheep & moose but am sure they aren't going to stop there...

tellico4x4

This one goes much further the sheep/ moose one!!

AT Hiker

Just submitted my opinions. I stressed that I was a NR and tried to think as a R, I gave honest answers and some were not in my favor.
I don't like the idea of outfitter specific tags on public lands. I have ZERO issues with a outfitted hunt, I just have a issue with a private business getting preferential treatment of a public resource. I could afford a outfitted hunt if I chose to make it a priority, it would even benefit me in being able to hunt more in WY, but I just cannot get behind wildlife welfare. However, I will likely take advantage of it later on down the road if it passes.
90/10 is gonna happen eventually so breaking it down into HD/SD units might make the pill easier to swallow.

I should have burned these points a long time ago....no mans land is no fun.

Buzzard Breath

I also filled out the surveys. I kept my answers pretty short. I get the impression that they've already made up their minds on what they want and are just looking for the majority to give them the thumbs up to go ahead and present it. To me, what they're presenting is a copy of New Mexico's draw system.

I'd be curious to know what percentage of NR's go with an outfitter now. I also hope they give us a several year grace period before they implement any of this if it passes.

AT Hiker

I also filled out the surveys. I kept my answers pretty short. I get the impression that they've already made up their minds on what they want and are just looking for the majority to give them the thumbs up to go ahead and present it. To me, what they're presenting is a copy of New Mexico's draw system.

I'd be curious to know what percentage of NR's go with an outfitter now. I also hope they give us a several year grace period before they implement any of this if it passes.
They also took a peak at the playbook of MT with that outfitter pool idea.

I know outfitting is big business in WY, only way your getting into a wilderness area really plus some of that Western country is built for horses. All I know is some of those good outfitters are booked up to 3 years out, no wonder they want more tags...

tellico4x4

The original draw to Wyoming for me 14 yrs ago when started building points was that I thought eventually would build enough for two grandsons and I to draw decent units and have a chance on quality animals on diy hunts.
Only have hunted WY 3 times and all on private ground. Two were trespass fee hunts & one guided.
Looks like I've got to get busy and do some serious scouting and probably burn a lot of points on mediocre units....
Use to hunt NM quite a bit but haven't even tried since they changed allotment.

Latest posts