Wyoming deer and antelope

AT Hiker

My granddad did not draw an area that was historically 100% on the speacial app, guess everyone is cashing in before the price hike!

Me on the other hand will be in the Big Horns come Oct!

AT Hiker

I am thinking about picking up some leftover doe antelope tags for 20, but I need to make some phone calls and see if any ranchers allow trespass for free or reasonable for some does.

chip said:
I'll be there October 15 region M and unit 21 antelope my second choices . What areas did everyone draw ?

Have you hunted region M before?

BAMA BOW MERKER

Yes sir. First trip out west hunting anything. I knew there were guidelines for tagging and bringing in meat. Just want to double check with it being my first trip, before I overlook anything.

AT Hiker

You will have a blast! If you havent made plans to bring your meat and/or cape back home I would start planning that now. If I can freeze everything I put it all in colors and drape towels and clothes over it for the drive home. I usually make the drive in a 24 hour period and everything is still frozen solid.

Also you better line a taxidermist up before you go if you decide to mount anything, processors/guides out west typically split the cape all the way down the back. If you do not have to pack your animal out I would try to not split the cape (deer specifically).

Latest posts