Sold/Expired WTB Slufoot Conversion or Smokeless Encore Barrel

2in1shot

Update- thanks to all who have responded! I have decided to go the smokeless ml route. Makes more since due to the fact that is what I shoot too.

Slufoot conversion is my first choice. Others considered. My 6 year old shot her first deer this past weekend with a custom youth encore .308. Now she is hooked, and I need a smokeless barrel that I can work her up some reduced loads for. Blue or stainless. What's out there. Thanks!!

bigasports

Re: WTB Slufoot Conversion or Encore ML Barrel

I've been using the Slufoot conversion for 5 years now. Wouldn't get rid of it for anything. Ole slufoot is a great fella to boot.

2in1shot

Does he still do conversions? I thought I read where he quit a few years ago. If so I may just have to get a 20" katahdin
45-70 to send his way.

backstraps

2in1shot":3czf7xwh said:
Does he still do conversions? I thought I read where he quit a few years ago. If so I may just have to get a 20" katahdin
45-70 to send his way.

He has stopped. The 20" Kat barrel is an awesome one to convert. I had slufoot do one of those for me and its a 300yd gun no problem and has several under its belt with 267 longest shot/drop/and flopped :)

fullstream

2in1shot":2xrjvydk said:
Slufoot conversion is my first choice. But a 209/50 or preferably 209/45 would work for now. I need a barrel for my daughters encore. Blue or stainless. What's out there.

Slufoot barrels are sweet if you can find em, I've had 3 of em. Luke is turning out some nice encore barrels nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TnBob

backstraps":3ot28po8 said:
2in1shot":3ot28po8 said:
45-70 to send his way.

He has stopped. The 20" Kat barrel is an awesome one to convert. I had slufoot do one of those for me and its a 300yd gun no problem and has several under its belt with 267 longest shot/drop/and flopped :)

What bullet do you use?

backstraps

TnBob":2vvrnjw6 said:
backstraps":2vvrnjw6 said:
2in1shot":2vvrnjw6 said:
45-70 to send his way.

What bullet do you use?

200gr .40 cal SST inside a blue harvester sabot

If I know I am hunting within 150-200 yard range I like the 195 Barnes Exp too

I knurl both bullets and same sabot

Latest posts