Wtb first sxs bp shotgun w screw in chokes

Deek1965

Who manufactures a bp sxs shotgun w screw in chokes and musket primers? Where can I purchase? I have bp revolver and deer rifle seems easy to get them but shotguns little to no info. I want to hunt turkey next month in missouri. Is 10 or 12 ga best? I also want hunt rabbit,dove and squirrels. Dixie gun works just emailed me their pedersoli sxs does not have screw in chokes or musket primers. Seems I may need to find an older gun from 1980s? I have been searching many hours on the net with no luck. Thanks for all replies.

Nhill

According to this thread, Pedersoli makes some SXS muzzleloading shotguns with screw in chokes. I went to their website to check them out and didn't see any that had the screw in choke option, but I'm sure that they could help you if you called them. They have some very nice looking shotguns.

The same thread above mentioned that loading wads in a tight choke, can be a problem. Something to consider.

Deek1965

I went to the muzzleloading forum from this reply. There was good info there as well as an older pedersoli sxs 10 ga for sale in classifieds. Price was high so I am still seeking. I also read of a Thompson center new englander sxs.

Wobblyshot1

You could consider having the barrels jug choked. No constriction for muzzle loading a gun but you would, of course, not have the convenience that screw in chokes provide.

Deek1965

I really want screw in chokes for ability of sxs to be more useful. I have been surprised by difficulty of locating a sxs bp screw chokes. I used a black diamond strike and hevi shot to take turkey roll over back dead at 62 steps. Would like to use this choke for turkey ans squirrel at tree tops.

Nhill

You could take a sxs to a gun smith, and have him install screw-in chokes. You could get it in your preferred thread pattern that way too.

Latest posts