Writing the neighbors

416wbymag

I have a new piece of land and have met a couple of the neighbors. It's only 26 acres so I am assuming I will have a deer here or there that will need to be retrieved.

I have an address of the owner of a patch of woods bordering mine and I thought I would drop him a letter introducing myself and give him my contact information, and hopefully get permission to retrieve downed game

Anybody ever penned such a note? Fishing for pointers...

416wbymag

I would agree, but they live in Rockwood, about 45 minutes from the property.

I figure, it would be a little strange to show up at their door. According to the closest neighbor that I have met, they have never seen the dude up there

stik

I got permission from a guy that owned property that bordered Catoosa by looking him up in Harriman. about the same distance.

bigtex

If you can't meet them face to face I would think a phone call would be a better option than writing a letter.

treefarmer

I have contacted 4 adjacent landowners by phone to agree beforehand on recovering wounded deer. We are all hunters and agreed it is fine to go after a deer. In 20 years I have had to go to my neighbors property twice to recover a doe and I was glad to have the advance permission. Each time I told them later that I had recovered a deer from their property. It is amazing how far a deer can go.

Latest posts