Wraps: Who Shoots with Arrow Wraps?

Hoss

I use them. I have used them for years, since they first came out. I use to crest my arrows with Bohning cresting paint. When the wraps came out I tried them and Liked them. I don't paint cresting lines on my wraps (to be honest I just never thought to try). I like them. The do add some weight to the back end of the arrow. If you are pushing the envelope on spine and FOC this could be a problem. I shoot heavy arrows and heavy heads so it has never been a problem for me.

They are easier to apply and easier to remove. But, they are way more expensive than paint. To me worth the trade off.

The answer to why is increased visibility in flight and on the ground. Plus for me I like the way they look. It is a cosmetic thing. A quiver full fo crested arrows look better to me than a quiver full that is not crested. That does not matter one whit to most people, but I like it! A well painted arrow is a real work of art. I have seen some beautiful crested arrows.

You can see my arrows wrapped and fletched with feathers on the Fletch Color thread on the third page. I won't take up the bandwidith and repost here.

HogHvn

I have some now but am switching to blazer x2's. With the wraps I was shooting 285 fps. With the blazer x2's went to 301 fps.

Harvester

UTGrad said:
I'm having some plain white 4" wraps with all white Fletching put on my arrows. Who likes wraps?

I use the exact same thing. I use the 3" 3D Duravanes. They are .48" tall vs. 2" blazers that are .6" tall. It helped my accuracy a lot by switching to the lower profile vanes with a biscuit style rest.

Rickym

Turd Farmer said:
I have some now but am switching to blazer x2's. With the wraps I was shooting 285 fps. With the blazer x2's went to 301 fps.

Something else is different then because you can't gain 16fps by just losing the few grains of weight that a wrap adds....