Wounded Gobbler Decoy

Boll Weevil

Dead Silence, Acorn Cruncher, Funky Chicken, Dirty B...sheesh. What next? It'd be downright comical if it weren't so sad.

muddyboots

Boll Weevil said:
Dead Silence, Acorn Cruncher, Funky Chicken, Dirty B...sheesh. What next? It'd be downright comical if it weren't so sad.

Funny story about the dead silence. I bought one of the first ones and took it out and i swear everytime i blew it a gobbler sounded off. It was amazing! I screwed it apart to clean the spit out of it and it never made one gobble again. LOL

Southern Sportsman

Don't forget the deer-view mirror. And never leave home without your squealing hen call.

Primos has gone too far this time. I will admit that a strutter decoy works at times, so the B-mobile was an acceptable product. But then they came out with the jake mobile with a red head, the jake mobile with the smaller body, and when they ran out of beard/body/fan sizes and colors, they came out with this stupid decoy that looks like it's raping a yellow jackets next. Turkey hunting is becoming more and more like duck hunting. People sitting in a blind, eating breakfast, waiting for birds to pass by and now they even have a jerk cord tied to a decoy. If someone wants to haul all of that into the woods and wait on a turkey to come by it, they are welcome to do it, but they are missing out on what makes turkey hunting so great.

mathews338

I'm not gonna buy one but I would bet it would work sometimes just like most other decoys do. I have killed several turkeys that went to flopping around on the ground and have other gobblers come running to it.

Setterman

Boll Weevil said:

Add the squealing hen to the list of garbage that comes out each year. I personally feel all this decoy mess is sad. Most of the cabelas catalog is decoys and blinds. Where I came from and the roots of the sport are nothing like today's fads, for ME it is depressing what passes as turkey hunting today compared to the way sport started.

woodsman87

Southern Sportsman said:
Don't forget the deer-view mirror. And never leave home without your squealing hen call.

Primos has gone too far this time. I will admit that a strutter decoy works at times, so the B-mobile was an acceptable product. But then they came out with the jake mobile with a red head, the jake mobile with the smaller body, and when they ran out of beard/body/fan sizes and colors, they came out with this stupid decoy that looks like it's raping a yellow jackets next. Turkey hunting is becoming more and more like duck hunting. People sitting in a blind, eating breakfast, waiting for birds to pass by and now they even have a jerk cord tied to a decoy. If someone wants to haul all of that into the woods and wait on a turkey to come by it, they are welcome to do it, but they are missing out on what makes turkey hunting so great.

I completely agree. Hunt in the blinds if you want, but I get enough of that kind of stuff during deer season.

Give me my gun, calls, and lots of land to walk!

Layne

777rellik said:
I would crawl through a slough with a snorkle on to fill a Tom's neck
full of shot :)

Hey, the slough snorkel... the slorkel... hurry get it while supplies last, only $19.99 and if you order within the next 30 minutes you get a second one absolutely free!
[size]
* May not be combined with any other offer, separate shipping charges apply... fins sold separately[/size]

BlountArrow

WELL.....I, for one, am extremely excited about this new wounded gobbler decoy. Last season I had a few situations where I thought to myself, "man, I really need more crap to carry." So, this wounded gobbler decoy will be a welcomed addition to my turkey hunting arsenal.

Boll Weevil

BHC said:
Preston Pittman killed a turkey that way once, cut a piece of cane and used it as a snorkel to slip up on a turkey...
I heard he also killed one of those birds notorious for pitching down into the middle of a big field and blowing up all day waiting for the hens to come to him...by digging a shallow hole in the ground and sleeping in it till killin'time.

Good'ol country boy ingenuity.

Latest posts