Would you give up your guns?

casjoker

Jail for 5 years, shoot out with police/being shot dead, or give them your AR-15? I dare say most of the keyboard cowboy crowd will fold pretty quickly. When one is facing a loss of freedom and family their mindset can change pretty quickly. The majority of people I have met in life are nowhere near as tough as they think they are. Russia's descending into communism is just one example of many throughout history where the masses generally folded.
I hope it never comes to a buyback or confiscation. I am afraid with the new administration, especially if Republicans lose in GA senate race we are just one mass shooting from them trying something. My guess, it will come in the form of an executive order of huge taxes on ammo or something else that SCOTUS would have a hard time ruling on. I really don't have anything to worry about, I lost all mine two years ago when my boat flipped on the St Francis in Arkansas.

DeerCamp

Actually there are a few on here, past and present, that will gladly hand them over.
Sad but true.
I don't think I would, but I also probably wouldn't be willing to die in a hail of gunfire in front of my kids.

More importantly, this scenario simply isn't going to happen. There's WAY too much support for 2A. I would say 75% of "left" folks I know well own firearms. They are mostly left on social issues.

This is why limitation of federal powers are important. People send to want to use the fed to push a lot of issues that should be left to the states to decide. That way California voters aren't dictating Tennessee policy, and Tennessee voters aren't dictating Colorado policy.

artwork001

Don't fall for it could be the goment making a list. Lol I also did not know about that legislation. Glad to live in this state.

Dennis

You have to love politicians that insist they aren't for taking your guns away because they will allow you to own a gun of their choice, like a single shot .410 or whatever. Then they talk about banning AR-15's as if those are not "our guns". Whatever. When they come for the guns, give them the ammo first.