Working freezer

ImThere

chest freezer, not the prettiest, the seal isn't good unless you keep weight in it it will build ice along the seal. Inside will get loads of ice along the walls. It has to be picked up ASAP! Would prefer today!! Pick it up before I haul it off! Cross posted 077A323E-5E9A-43DF-B160-0D0D4CB44EAE.jpegF512777C-45F9-4273-ABD4-4A9AE6C5E34F.jpeg

Mausermeister

If it was closer, I would take it. I have the same or very close freezer with the same leaky seal. Other than the leaky seal, it's been great. New seal is available and not expensive, I just never bothered to pull the the freezer away from the wall to get model number to make sure I order the correct seal. My daughter and SIL live in Decatur. Will see if they may be interested.

mike243

Probably nothing wrong with the gasket, they all build frost to the top and a windshield scraper is needed to be used to keep it knocked down and then once a year completely defrosted and cleaned, not maintenance free but food lasts longer in them and less $$ to run them.

Mattt

Probably nothing wrong with the gasket, they all build frost to the top and a windshield scraper is needed to be used to keep it knocked down and then once a year completely defrosted and cleaned, not maintenance free but food lasts longer in them and less $$ to run them.
Idk mike I've got one that does the same if I put something on the lid it doesn't ice up you can see where it starts icing and it's rite where air leaks at the bow in the lid

mike243

Ice builds up in the lid and needs thawed out once a year amazing how heavy they get, I work on them for a living so have learned a lot over the years, the gaskets can get dried out and not seal well the cost is ugly for new