Wonder if Butch sends Spurrier Christmas cards?

PalsPal

I bet he does. It's amazing that we have beaten him two years in a row.

Last year's game may go down as one of the biggest wins in TN history. Without it there is no bowl game and the wave of momentum that it has brought.

I bet that game still causes him to lose sleep. Man that karma can be brutal :D !

Mudbone

He should send derek mason one also. That close win at vandy they scratched out last year was the win that put them at six. 2-0 vs mason coming this year! Congrats vols!

PalsPal

Actually the Muschamp loss was pivotal in showing Butch's ability as a motivator. That was the lowest of lows.

The Vandy struggle was Dooley's last stranglehold being finally broken through and the black cloud being lifted. With all of the injuries and Johnsons suspension etc. Butch was able to persevere. A sign of a truly great coach!

Wrangler95

Butch will retire Spurrier this year,ready to drive the last nail in the coffin! :party: :party:

Butch should be sending Spurrier a sympathy card after this years game!!lol

Mudbone

PalsPal":2g6urpzo said:
Actually the Muschamp loss was pivotal in showing Butch's ability as a motivator. That was the lowest of lows.

The Vandy struggle was Dooley's last stranglehold being finally broken through and the black cloud being lifted. With all of the injuries and Johnsons suspension etc. Butch was able to persevere. A sign of a truly great coach!
A truly great coach with the vols roster would NEVER struggle with a team like vandy. Dooleys fault huh? :rotf: I'm glad you love coach Lyle tho. He has the same record as dooley after his first couple seasons. Congrats early on winning the sec this season.

PalsPal

Mudbone":9xlxsi4r said:
Congrats early on winning the sec this season.

I wouldn't go just that far yet. We are still thin at some key positions.

I just wish Franklin were still around, but I have to give him credit for striking while he could.

Everyone forgets that he only beat FOUR teams with winning records the three years he was at Vandy. He knew the gig was up and bolted.

TreyB

PalsPal":1us3uvyx said:
Mudbone":1us3uvyx said:

I just wish Franklin were still around, but I have to give him credit for striking while he could.

Everyone forgets that he only beat FOUR teams with winning records the three years he was at Vandy. He knew the gig was up and bolted.
Funniest post of the day :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Mudbone

PalsPal":2tbubwvl said:
Mudbone":2tbubwvl said:

why would you wish Franklin was still here?If Franklin was still in nashville, the vols would not have been in the taxslayer bowl last season.

Latest posts