Wireless Trolling Motors.

Sam Davis

I had a Garmin Force installed last fall. So far it's been great. The foot pedal can be wired in or not. I chose to wire mine in. The remote control takes a little time to figure out & get used to. I figured being a little older and not being raised up with technology has something to do with that.
I watched Garmin guru on YouTube the channel helped me figure out the remote.
It's powerful & quite. Pulls my boat 4mph.
One thing to keep in mind is what brand of electronics you are using.

Spurhunter

I also have the Garmin Force. Wireless foot control and hand remote. I absolutely LOVE not having to deal with cables and being able to put the foot control wherever I want. I run Garmin electronics so my trolling motor links to my graphs and will go to waypoints, run routes, all that stuff automatically. It has cruise control for trolling, spot lock, direction lock, and all the bells and whistles. In my opinion it is a serious gamechanger. Especially for the crappie fisherman that spider rigs, trolls, pulls cranks, etc. It was all I could do to spend $3100 on a trolling motor, but it was 100% worth it.

megalomaniac

I'm NOT experienced with using one... fished for years with a tiller. My new to me boat came with an ipilot. I had serious reservations about using it, even thought about selling it and using the $$$ to buy a new tiller and pocket the difference.

So now I've used it exactly twice. Holy cow, I love it. I can already work the remote without even looking at the buttons, and it's so nice to he able to run the motor from the back of the boat or hold the boat in place while fighting a fish (my boat is very light, and a big red can pull you around).

That being said... if it were to explode, would I spend $1600 to replace it? Probably not. It's way better than a tiller steer, jut not sure it's THAT much better... and this is coming from a guy who hunts with Swarovski binos, high end riflescopes, etc.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
I'm NOT experienced with using one... fished for years with a tiller. My new to me boat came with an ipilot. I had serious reservations about using it, even thought about selling it and using the $$$ to buy a new tiller and pocket the difference.

So now I've used it exactly twice. Holy cow, I love it. I can already work the remote without even looking at the buttons, and it's so nice to he able to run the motor from the back of the boat or hold the boat in place while fighting a fish (my boat is very light, and a big red can pull you around).

That being said... if it were to explode, would I spend $1600 to replace it? Probably not. It's way better than a tiller steer, jut not sure it's THAT much better... and this is coming from a guy who hunts with Swarovski binos, high end riflescopes, etc.
Same for me except I'd still want foot controlled. I had been out of fishing for a while when I bought my used boat a couple of years ago. I didn't even know what power poles and i-pilot were. The boat has both and wow, I feel like I can't live without them now.

Hduke86

I don't know if I could go back to tiller steer cause of the convenience of spotlock and the other features of my Ulterra. Especially helpful when I have my young son on the boat and I'm helping him.

Latest posts