Wireless trail cams

Bgoodman30

I'm looking to get setup with some wireless cams that text and would like some recommendations.

Cabelas has a good deal on a bushnell but has a few catastrophic failure reviews.

I️ know this has been discussed many times here but thought I would bring up since it's cyber Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pressfit

I have 2 spartan go cams.. I'd give them a 7 tuts 10
I also have 2 Arlo wireless security cams.. I really like them as you can hit the live button and see what's going on when ever you want.. both are $5 each a month for the service

X-Tennessean

Im using a Covert 12.1 black At&t, it is a 2017 model to which they have greatly improved compared to my last 2014 model.

The new models you do not have to mess will cell providers as they are now like a package deal which is a big plus!! The Covert has thier own app which gives you full control of the camera pertaining to gettimg pics, settings etc etc. I can even send a command to have it capture a photo at any given time.

Pic quality is great, sensor distance is extremely good and response of the sending function is good depending on your signal strength. The only fault I have seen so far is the trigger speed is a little slow, other than that I am very pleased.

X-Tennessean

pressfit said:
I also have 2 Arlo wireless security cams.. I really like them as you can hit the live button and see what's going on when ever you want.. both are $5 each a month for the

Could you explain how the Arlo operates please? Is it cell based? Battery life etc etc.

PM if youd like as not to Hijack Bgoodmans thread.

pressfit

X-Tennessean":26lpchfu said:
pressfit":26lpchfu said:
I also have 2 Arlo wireless security cams.. I really like them as you can hit the live button and see what's going on when ever you want.. both are $5 each a month for the

Could you explain how the Arlo operates please? Is it cell based? Battery life etc etc.

The Arlo is cell based.. one of mine is plugged in to a wall outlet I use for a security camera.. the other one , I have a small solar panel that plugs in it and keeps the battery up..

Bgoodman30

X-Tennessean":28ortu61 said:
pressfit":28ortu61 said:

Were talking about home security cams here right? I️ might want those too...

X-Tennessean

Bgoodman30":2ewnst3i said:
X-Tennessean":2ewnst3i said:
pressfit":2ewnst3i said:

Were talking about home security cams here right? I️ might want those too...

From my research the Arlo "Go" is a dual purpose unit, can be used out in the woods running like a regular trail cam or at home plugged into a/c power!
They are pretty pricey tho.

Bgoodman30

Welp not really what I️ was looking for....? I'll check out the coverts

pressfit

Bgoodman30":m6wxtfdd said:
Welp not really what I️ was looking for....? I'll check out the coverts

The Arlo's cost about the same as the Spartans did..

Latest posts