Winter Bass Fishing on the Chick

Grandslam11

Grandslam11

Going with an old friend tomorrow to try and catch some cold water large mouth bass. Any tips? I know I will have hot hands in every pocket. He is thinking we will be throwing jerk baits and the A-Rig. Anyone have any other methods to catch them that aren't so hard on the body ( throwing the A- Rig wears me out) Any help will be appreciated. We are not fishing in a tournament, just going to have a good time and catch up.

R

rbreedi1

I would add Rat L Traps, Squarebills, Jig and Shakey head

Grandslam11

Grandslam11

Should we expect to find fish shallow in the creeks or ledges on the channel? Am I throwing big jigs and square bills or smaller?

nitro_z17

nitro_z17

big bass?
big swim bait slow rolled on the bottom, 3/4 oz pig and jig slower rolled on bottom.

any bass?
a-rig, swim jig, spinner bait seem to always catch bass for me year round in Tennessee waters

Grandslam11

Grandslam11

We caught about 10 on Saturday. It was cold. Most creeks had ice. We did manage a 6lber and several other nice ones. All but 1 was on a jerk bait. Could NOT get them to bite the A-Rig

Grandslam11

Grandslam11

Yeah. As the day went on, it kept getting harder and harder to keep the line from freezing. Never really got cold either.