Wings my way

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
wings.jpg

Sweet and spicey finished beside the heat of a scaly bark hickory! mmmm mmm mmmmmmm
served with a pile of potato salad and some deviled eggs with dill pickles and a salad fresh from the garden. I'm done--- headed to the couch!

mike243

There is nothing better than scaly bark hickory flavor, when ever I do charcoal for quick cooks some bark gets thrown in with the food, it don't take much to take it over the top

DaveB

Got to say they look awesome good. Afraid mine from the grill look more like burned dog poo.

You slice up hardboiled egg whites in your tater salad?

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
You slice up hardboiled egg whites in your tater salad?
If the wife aint watching. Our families come from opposite sides of the tater salad world. My family recipe is chunky, cold w/ dill pickle and kraft mayo, her families is creamy, warm with sweet pickle and helmans salad dressing. The sweet makes me gag.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
2-Step Enabled
Will have to post my potato salad recipe soon. I skip pickles all together. Not my favorite in a potato side like that.

However, those wings are still on my mind. Gotta try them soon.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
2-Step Enabled
I boil my wings before the BBQ bath and grill. This lets me grill / smoke beside the heat rather than over it and it removes most fat.
That's interesting - I've heard a few recipes call for that.

Latest posts