Wind

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Wind wind and more wind.

South / Southwest wind with gusts up to 25 mph for the last three days.
Love casting (trying to) cast an ultralight in that stuff.

Where I was catching fish I had to throw with the wind going right to left to make it worse.

Due to my hand "issues" I have had to pretty much re-learn how to cast and without seeing it, it is hard to explain, but I can't rotate my hand far enough to the right.

Ends up getting hung on the handle or bail every once in a while and just STOPS.
With high winds, the lure usually ends up stuck in my butt. :eek:

Did manage to catch 3 bass, 1 big bream and 1 trout yesterday. :)
Pretty neat to catch all them on the same lure.

I predict my TARP bream will come from the same "lake".

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
You are a bad man with a bad boat if you were on KY lake Sat and Sun dude.

I honestly don't know if I would have even put in and fished around the edges or not. LOL

TN Larry

Football Hunter said:
Winchester said:
Wind is normally your friend, but too much of a good thing is definitely possible!
Ageeed,it can be harder to fish in,but sometimes makes fishing GREAT!

I am taking a vacation day today just because it is gonna be windy. I am counting on it being my friend today.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
So you try and fish where the wind is going to ?
Like up against a bank where the baitfish have been pushed to?

I love learning stuff. :D

TN Larry

RUGER said:

I fish wind blown banks with a moving bait like a spinner bait. The bait is not blown by the wind. The wave action stirs up particles which in turn attracts the bait fish which in turn attracts fish. Wind blown banks of the evening on sunny days will have water temps higher than the rest of the lake as well. Wind also breaks up the profile of a moving bait and makes them bite it better.You can cover a ton of water when everything is right .

Football Hunter

TN Larry said:
RUGER said:

I fish wind blown banks with a moving bait like a spinner bait. The bait is not blown by the wind. The wave action stirs up particles which in turn attracts the bait fish which in turn attracts fish. Wind blown banks of the evening on sunny days will have water temps higher than the rest of the lake as well. Wind also breaks up the profile of a moving bait and makes them bite it better.You can cover a ton of water when everything is right .
right

TN Larry

TN Larry said:
Football Hunter said:
Winchester said:
Wind is normally your friend, but too much of a good thing is definitely possible!

I am taking a vacation day today just because it is gonna be windy. I am counting on it being my friend today.

The wind was my friend yesterday. I ended with 21 total by myself and all caught chunking and winding. A 4 lb LM was the biggest of the bunch.

Football Hunter

TN Larry said:
TN Larry said:
Football Hunter said:
Winchester said:

The wind was my friend yesterday. I ended with 21 total by myself and all caught chunking and winding. A 4 lb LM was the biggest of the bunch.
On the Hill?Not me,only fished a couple hours,only caught a few small spots.Smallmouth have been a puzzle for me lately.

Latest posts