Winchester Supreme shells

catman529

can't find my 3" win supreme high velocity shells at wally world or academy.. sold out maybe? Haven't checked Richard's yet, they were the only ones carrying my shells for fall turkey season. I have 5 or 6 shells but I want extra in case I miss a shot or a coyote or feral cat or something shows up. Anyone been seeing them on the shelves, and do they normally sell out before turkey season?

Rockhound

I think they discontinued them and replaced them with the "double x" shell. So when you find them buy a few boxes, try the turkey thug in the 3 inch shell alot of people are having good luck with those.

If your dead set on the Winchester i have a few ill give you if you wanna meet up.at yahnali for a scouting session or something

catman529

Why would they discontinue em? That sucks those were my shells, I killed a bunch of turkeys in 2 years with em and now I'm gonna have to blow some more shells just to re pattern my gun for new loads. Oh well... Thanks for the offer, what's the shell size and shot size you got? Ill be scouting yanahli in the next week or two.

wwa7

Double check the payload guys. The old Win. HV shells are now called Double X. The older HV loads are still being made but in a diff. box. The older HV loads are 3" 1 3/4oz and the 3.5" load is a 2oz. The Org. Double X mag loads are still being made too. They are 3" 2oz loads and the 3.5" are 2 1/4oz. They are still out there guys, new box. Win Xtended Range has been discontinued...

timberjack86

wwa7 said:
Double check the payload guys. The old Win. HV shells are now called Double X. The older HV loads are still being made but in a diff. box. The older HV loads are 3" 1 3/4oz and the 3.5" load is a 2oz. The Org. Double X mag loads are still being made too. They are 3" 2oz loads and the 3.5" are 2 1/4oz. They are still out there guys, new box. Win Xtended Range has been discontinued...
Cabelas still carries the extended range. And I saw the winchester hv shells on bass pro a week ago.

catman529

wwa7 said:
that's what I was hoping. I noticed they have the same specs on the box.

knightrider

i will say if you are shooting lead try the fed turkey thugs these are the real deal out of almost any choke the 17/8 6 shot are unbelievable for pattern consistency and at $1 a shell its hard to beat

Rockhound

wwa7 said:

I haven't cut any open to see myself but they changed thevwad apparently

catman529

Rockhound - I will be in yanahli tomorrow and then one or two more times before season. When are you available?

Knightrider - I've been hearing about those, might try em sometime.

Latest posts