Winchester Model 37

trap55555

2-Step Enabled
These are great shotguns.... I'm am amazed that they bring the money that they do.... they have become a collectible gun now.
I seen at least one at the recent Knoxville gunshow. Good luck in your search.

hannasdad

Yes it's crazy I saw a guy there had some 12 20 and 16's wanting over 1200.00 for them I have 4 that I only paid about 150.00 for. But I'm not paying a 1000.00 for one. That's crazy.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
This brings back some awesome memories for me.
I got a model 37A youth 20 gauge for Christmas when I was 12.
I have since passed it to my son.
Great little gun. Mine is improved modified.

Wiley

Good luck in finding what you're looking for at anything close to reasonable.

I have two Model 37s in 410 that I got very good deals on a few years ago after looking for years. One is a 26" barrel Red Letter Pigtail Small Hammer that Winchester has no record of ever making. She's a safe queen. The other is 28" barrel Large Upturned Hammer that I occasionally hunt with. The aged patina on both is outstanding and not a negative mark on either one. I feel blessed to have them and have less than $600 total in both and neither is for sale :)

Tenntrapper

Good luck in finding what you're looking for at anything close to reasonable.

I have two Model 37s in 410 that I got very good deals on a few years ago after looking for years. One is a 26" barrel Red Letter Pigtail Small Hammer that Winchester has no record of ever making. She's a safe queen. The other is 28" barrel Large Upturned Hammer that I occasionally hunt with. The aged patina on both is outstanding and not a negative mark on either one. I feel blessed to have them and have less than $600 total in both and neither is for sale :)
What is a "pigtail small hammer"? The hammer on my 12g is almost flat. Didn't realize they had different hammers.

Wiley

What is a "pigtail small hammer"? The hammer on my 12g is almost flat. Didn't realize they had different hammers.
The pigtail was made from rolling a straight piece of steel forward toward the muzzle, back over itself and causing it to make a loop with a teardrop shape hole for the "thumb" spot vs being a stamped/solid thumb piece as you describe. I'll take some pics and post shortly.

GUNNERX2

I've seen a bunch of mod 37s at turkey shoots (card not feathers) that had been sleeved and scope mounted. These were serious card shooters where a lot of money changed hands.

Latest posts