Wife's carry opinions

Mag

Mag

My Wife currently carries a Glock 42 but has recently talked about switching over to a hammerless revolver in 9mm. Most likely the Ruger LCR. looking for feedback, thoughts, pros and cons...... thanks.

S

stroker

M&p shield performance center 9 mm be a great gun for her it has lest recoil look at grabagun.com

pressfit

pressfit

My wife carries a hammer less 38.. nothing to jam.. nothing to fiddle with except pulling the trigger..

Tn_Va_Hunter

Tn_Va_Hunter

pressfit":md03jb2k said:
My wife carries a hammer less 38.. nothing to jam.. nothing to fiddle with except pulling the trigger..

This. My wife carries a lcr 38

rem270

rem270

Supporter
The Ruger would be a good gun. I am partial to the S&W 637 or 642. I have the 637 with hammer and wife likes to carry it.

mossyoakmantn

mossyoakmantn

If she wants a hammerless revolver you can't go wrong with a Smith and Wesson 642

mossyoakmantn

mossyoakmantn

rem270":1tqy0rfc said:
The Ruger would be a good gun. I am partial to the S&W 637 or 642. I have the 637 with hammer and wife likes to carry it.
Ive had both and they are great guns.

duckduck84

duckduck84

My question would be why is she wanting to switch? Recoil? Grip issues? Issues with a semi-auto?

Knowing why she wants to switch will tell us more about what might benefit her.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
I bought my niece a Ruger LCR 38 with a Crimson Trace laser. Once I got it signed in she has become very good with it and she had never had any kind of gun before. Simple, pull it out, point and shoot.

Nimrod777

Nimrod777

Supporter
I bought a S&W 642 with Crimson Trace laser sight for my wife to purse-carry, but she didn't want to go further than taking the course and proving herself on the range, so it's a safe queen. But a great carry gun choice.

J

Jon54

I have the LCR in 38 sp. keep it loaded with +p ammo. Hope I never need to use it.

Mag

Mag

duckduck84":2tzlohf6 said:
My question would be why is she wanting to switch? Recoil? Grip issues? Issues with a semi-auto?

She wants one that is less likely to fail. (in reality I think she just wants another pistol which is fine by me! lol)

duckduck84

duckduck84

Mag":vj49zjlj said:
duckduck84":vj49zjlj said:

She wants one that is less likely to fail. (in reality I think she just wants another pistol which is fine by me! lol)
Haha I heard that! While I trust semi-autos, there is definitely something about a revolver in its simplicity. You can train to deal with malfunctions IF you spend the time to train. If she just wants a revolver for simplicity I would go with something in 357. She can shoot 38 or 357 and decided which she wants to carry. I personally would skip the 9mm revolver.

J

jard

I carried a smith 642 in .38 for a long time. Very simplistic and honestly and awesome carry gun by definition. However, that dude is loud and not accurate at all. Once again, almost all interactions are within 10 ft and u want the noise in that case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lungpuncher1

lungpuncher1

My wife carries a 642 also. I told her if she ever had to just pull the trigger. Don't even pull it out of her coat pocket if someone was approaching her quickly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk