Wife’s best Smallie

Crow Terminator

That is awesome and you can tell she is thrilled! Just curious what you think it weighed? I've caught a few pretty good SM on the river at my farm but I am not a good judge of weight.
Smallies are tough for me to judge. Northern versions of them look like 6-7 pounders to me but may be only 3-4 pounders. I have a set of digital scales but we couldn't find them to save our life. I still haven't found them. If I would have been thinking I could have got a length and girth measurement and got close to the weight but my wife was rushing me to get pictures. She didn't want to kill it and wanted to get it back in the water asap. We were thinking around 5 lbs but everybody says it looks bigger. I personally think 5 is about right.

WTM

very nice smallmouth. i blew up the pic and did some measurements. if that is a 3 1/4" chub bug it measures out to 6 1/2 times the length of it from the snout to longest tail fin. thats around 21 1/8" long and add another 1/4-1/2" for tail pinch and that puts it around 21.6". using the in-fisherman table average puts it around 6 pounds. if you have a dorsal view pic you might get some more measurement for girth. maybe this will help in getting a good replica made.

Willysman

Boy that is a beauty. My dad was a top water man. Always used a Dalton Special or a Heddon Chugger if any of you remember the ole Dalton.

bobbuck

Smallies are tough for me to judge. Northern versions of them look like 6-7 pounders to me but may be only 3-4 pounders. I have a set of digital scales but we couldn't find them to save our life. I still haven't found them. If I would have been thinking I could have got a length and girth measurement and got close to the weight but my wife was rushing me to get pictures. She didn't want to kill it and wanted to get it back in the water asap. We were thinking around 5 lbs but everybody says it looks bigger. I personally think 5 is about right.
Thanks. I was thinking 5-6 pounds, but I am not much of a fisherman. Really nice!

Safari Hunt

Congrats on the nice smallie. I was at a park just above Watts Bar Dam and saw a huge one swim out of the depths, circle a dead tree and disappear into the depths. And...no fishing tackle!

TRIGGER

For reference this smallmouth is "built" like hers (not a football build like the ones up north). This fish was 5.2 lbs and hers is clearly bigger. Awesome catch.
9DE749E8-437F-4A6D-9733-8B6834A31A8F.jpeg

Latest posts