Wicked Ridge X4

LilWeezy

I do not own the X4. I do own some different TenPoint models. I have heard great things about the X4. Are you considering purchasing one? They have some new Wicked Ridge models coming out and the timing may be getting right to purchase the X4 at a reduced price.
No clue about the X4 but I bought a Killer Instinct Burner 415 this year. I got my first crossbow kill with it. Hit a buck at around 80 yards, he went 30 yards and dropped. At 35 yards I was sinking bolts in the same hole where I had just pulled another bolt from. Hard to beat for $360.

Heath423

2-Step Enabled
No clue about the X4 but I bought a Killer Instinct Burner 415 this year. I got my first crossbow kill with it. Hit a buck at around 80 yards, he went 30 yards and dropped. At 35 yards I was sinking bolts in the same hole where I had just pulled another bolt from. Hard to beat for $360.
A lot of things can go wrong on a 80 yard shot on a live animal. I limit all archery shots to 40-45 yards. To each there own though. Good luck.

buckbstr_1

What target do you use to easily pull out the bolts? I have a crossbow target but I am ruining the fletchings.

Split Brow

I'm using old styrofoam blocks wrapped with shrink wrap, not a crossbow specific target. no issues for me.

Last edited:

Heath423

2-Step Enabled
I have 2 targets. A bag target (Morrell Yellow Jacket) for field points only. Just make sure it is rated at or above your speed rating. I shoot at 330fps with no issues. Stopping bolts before the fletchings.
Then I have a Rhinehart 18-1 target for broadhead shooting. Again no issues.

Snake

I purchased a Killer Instinct Boss 405 and I like the way it shoots very fast and smooth, arevthey dependable ?

tellico4x4

Pulled the trigger on X4 yesterday (literally). Found one NIB on eBay from an archery shop in WI for 329.00. After shipping, half dozen more bolts & silencing kit have a less than 500.00 in it. Took about 10 min to assemble even with the convoluted instructions that cover several different models. Instructions said that scope was already sighted in at 20 yards & I thought yeah right as it wasn't installed on bow. Well the the first shot at 20 was 1" left & 3" high so pleasantly surprised! Moved to 30 per the instructions to adjust & 3 shots later it was dialed in. Shot at 20, 30,40 & 50 and was dead on. Even with the neck surgery I had two weeks ago, the Accudraw 50 wasn't bad to pull & chocolate chip cookie. Passing my Excalibur on to grandson now.

Latest posts