Why don't we have wild hogs in West Tennessee?

tellico4x4

Every few years I'll get pics of one passing thru our place in Wayne Co. They've never stayed long and in 21 years we've only had one person actually see one. No idea why they don't stay but sure glad they don't!

ROVERBOY

My guess the hogs can't catch a good ride out there. There's 2 or 3 areas close to me that hogs had to catch a ride to get there or pigs can truly fly.

ROVERBOY

Every few years I'll get pics of one passing thru our place in Wayne Co. They've never stayed long and in 21 years we've only had one person actually see one. No idea why they don't stay but sure glad they don't!
Yeah, from what I hear and read, you don't want to them to take up residence. We don't have them here yet. But, they are some about 10 miles away.

Marian Farm

My husband and I raise red wattle pigs, We live in Trousdale county. A wild boar showed up yesterday late afternoon, now it's in the fence with my pigs.it has been attacking my pigs and most of them are afraid of it. I'm concerned about diseases,and it harming our pigs!!! I told my husband it was wild and he said there's no wild pigs here. It's behavior alone told me it's wild!!!!

timberjack86

My husband and I raise red wattle pigs, We live in Trousdale county. A wild boar showed up yesterday late afternoon, now it's in the fence with my pigs.it has been attacking my pigs and most of them are afraid of it. I'm concerned about diseases,and it harming our pigs!!! I told my husband it was wild and he said there's no wild pigs here. It's behavior alone told me it's wild!!!!
Choot him!!!

DaveTN

You let it in?

Atchman2

A lot of the "wild pigs" I've shot look exactly like domestic pigs. They are still wild. I know some guys in Texas though that trap them and raise them. They said they usually calm down a lot once they get steady food and get used to seeing you. Some of them don't but that is what guns are for.

AppalachiaVol

There are some near the MS river. And east of Jackson. But if you're talking about the open delta region: hogs need a fair amount of habitat. Sure they can survive anywhere but won't go undetected long in open fields without being eradicated. Most areas hogs have lasted normally have lots of thick cover or terrain that allows them to hide out

Latest posts