landman

Chipped a couple of clover fields yesterday

And while trying to get the move on a bird
Wednesday morning I picked out 2 trees for
ladder stands

Hunter 257W

Vermin93":2v8zbla0 said:
Hunter 257W":2v8zbla0 said:
I'm ready if for no other reason than to skip the miserable hot Summer that's right around the corner.

I think you and I are the resident summer-haters. I am not looking forward to it.

Yeah, used to, I REALLY looked forward to May & June for the groundhog hunting but then the coyotes moved in and ate all the groundhogs. I used to look forward to Sept 1 to dove hunt, but haven't had a dove field that worked on the farm in 25 years. Now all that's left of Summer is heat, sweat, bugs, etc. :shock:

WG Taxidermist

Vermin93":h3kzo8py said:
Hunter 257W":h3kzo8py said:
I'm ready if for no other reason than to skip the miserable hot Summer that's right around the corner.

I think you and I are the resident summer-haters. I am not looking forward to it.
Count me in on the summer haters crowd! I wish it'd never get above 60.

Sent from somewhere in the sticks using Tapatalk

jb3

I love deer season and now that my oldest son is old enough, I love every minute of it. But I love summer with my boys as well. Time at the pool, ballpark, golf course, fishing, or just outside playing in the backyard.

Kingston

WG Taxidermist":2lei6sjm said:
Vermin93":2lei6sjm said:
Hunter 257W":2lei6sjm said:

As much as I love to deer hunt, I like having four distinct "seasons" just as much and if anything am starting to wish winter was a tad shorter as I age.

Deer Assassin

WG Taxidermist":3cl078nf said:
Vermin93":3cl078nf said:
Hunter 257W":3cl078nf said:

ditto

Hunter 257W

Yep, all the crud in the air has me so stopped up and miserable that I'm thinking of looking for some land in Antarctica to retreat to all Summer.

LandMan, you know of any good pieces of ground there I could get cheap?! :)

gobblinfool

Now that I am moving back for good, I am going to think about stand placement where I currently am, as well as trying to get access to more private ground. I play on hunting KY opening weekend with a bow, then Ft Campbell some...get a doe with my bow....then save buck tag for the rut. TN I will bowhunt a little bit less, and focus on the rut/gun season.

deadeye 77

been ready for a while but still don't understand why they charge for each season archery. muzzle loader. and rifle I think it is just ridiculous. in ga. they charge only 19 dollars total for hunting license and big game license and I could hunt all three seasons.this is not Illinois, or iowa this state is not known for monster bucks so why gouge us like you do.the twra needs to come to reality and reevaluate their fees on hunting in Tennessee.that is how I feel about it.

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
I am ready and not ready in a way due to my head injury I may not get to hunt due to my restrictions but I hope I recover before September because bow season is what I live for

hornsdonteat

It's 6 days a week 10 hr shifts at work during the summer in the heat by bow season back to 5 eight hr shifts come on september,took the bow and dropped it off to have new cables and string suppose to be ready friday,little fine tuning and i'm ready.

Latest posts