Whos in the wind 11/27

Duck dogn

I didn't figure I wouldn't see deer in this wind (southern maury) but deer have been moving since daylight.i know alot are going to say it's the rut they move all the time. But I've seen more doe and fawn since daylight than I have all week.

Mag

2-Step Enabled
FDCD9C53-E4F5-4FC6-AC1B-B3659E3ABEFE.jpeg
we were but wow was the wind howling!

rem270

Gust were 30+ this morning, I've hunted stand in this wind but never a blind until this morning. Pucker factor was high hoping the anchors held in place. Seen 3 bucks and a doe. One nice 8 that was locked down on a doe. He ran a half rack buck off. Was gonna shoot her but they decided to go bed down by my fence and drive my dogs crazy. About 10 I left the house and they were standing in my yard.

Ski

I thought i'd skip the evening hunt and use the crazy wind to check trail cams. Bumped a single doe but paid no attention. It didn't click that she was by herself .... until I saw him. My idiot self just kept going and sure enough I bumped the buck I'm after. He was locked down with that doe. Had I just slowed down to a sneak after busting her out, I think I'd have gotten a shot on him. Below is a pic of him a couple nights ago, just feet from where they were bedded.

Attachments

• 25nov22.JPG
    25nov22.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 103

philsanchez76

I thought i'd skip the evening hunt and use the crazy wind to check trail cams. Bumped a single doe but paid no attention. It didn't click that she was by herself .... until I saw him. My idiot self just kept going and sure enough I bumped the buck I'm after. He was locked down with that doe. Had I just slowed down to a sneak after busting her out, I think I'd have gotten a shot on him. Below is a pic of him a couple nights ago, just feet from where they were bedded.
Oh that's rough! Ive been there man.

Latest posts