• Help Support TNDeer:

Whoa! That's some wild footage

MUP

Supporter
I watched the entire video, and one thing I noticed is that, while most drivers were alert enough to get over, some were apparently oblivious to what was happening around them, and didn't attempt to move over out of the way. The officer kept his composure and passed on the left mostly, and seemed almost textbook in his pursuit. Wild footage for sure!

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

PalsPal

Wildcat

That officer knew the dangers of a high speed pit maneuver but he had to take it. He saw the truck go into the left lane at high speeds and that showed the truck driver would do it again in traffic. The cop did what he had to do to save other people's lives.

PalsPal

That officer knew the dangers of a high speed pit maneuver but he had to take it. He saw the truck go into the left lane at high speeds and that showed the truck driver would do it again in traffic. The cop did what he had to do to save other people's lives.
Read his statement.

He was ordered to take action. He didn't do it on his own accord.

I would like to know what he was driving. The other officers definitely knew that he had the fastest car. He blew by them when he initially fell in to the chase.

Wildcat

Read his statement.

He was ordered to take action. He didn't do it on his own accord.

I would like to know what he was driving. The other officers definitely knew that he had the fastest car. He blew by them when he initially fell in to the chase.
"After I relayed the suspect’s actions to Troop H Dispatch, Sgt. Brandon Margis advised that due to Battenfield’s extremely reckless driving, and lack of due regard for the safety of the public that I needed to get the pickup stopped immediately. I then attempted a PIT maneuver to stop the vehicle. While executing the PIT, my unit collided with the passenger side of the suspect vehicle. As a result, both vehicles traveled off the roadway and into the east side ditch."

He was told he "needed to get the pickup stopped immediately."

He "then attempted a PIT maneuver to stop the vehicle."

Sounds like he was only ordered that he needed to get the truck stopped immediately. The trooper choose the pit maneuver.

Andy S.

I watched the entire video, and one thing I noticed is that, while most drivers were alert enough to get over, some were apparently oblivious to what was happening around them, and didn't attempt to move over out of the way. The officer kept his composure and passed on the left mostly, and seemed almost textbook in his pursuit.
Yes indeed. It is amazing how many drivers have no clue how to use their rear view mirror.

archer19

I’m just curious what they were chasing him for?
They got the tag, surely they could locate him but not through a dangerous chase to others.
They didn’t do that to OJ (suspected murderer) running 35 on an interstate.
Just wondering what he was wanted for.

crazy crash for sure

ImThere

Amazing
I thought when things got too dangerous they were supposed to stop pursuit?
Who in there right mind didn’t know that was going to happen at those speeds? Has he never seen nascar? There is literally no way those two cars don’t become entangled in a crash at those speeds
I wonder if the officer gets charged?
I wonder if the family sues the state for liability in the death of there son?
I wonder what he was being chased for?
Crazy footage for sure!!!

Rabbitkil

I’m just curious what they were chasing him for?
They got the tag, surely they could locate him but not through a dangerous chase to others.
They didn’t do that to OJ (suspected murderer) running 35 on an interstate.
Just wondering what he was wanted for.

crazy crash for sure
Some agencies have policy against PIT, he had went some 20 miles putting countless people at risk and I’m guess at the time they wasn’t 100% positive who was driving. You would be amazed how many times chases are done in stolen / borrowed vehicles

PalsPal

Some agencies have policy against PIT, he had went some 20 miles putting countless people at risk and I’m guess at the time they wasn’t 100% positive who was driving. You would be amazed how many times chases are done in stolen / borrowed vehicles
^^THIS^^

As stated in his statement, they were chasing as a result of his driving prior to being pursued. He had already risked others lives.

It's a no win situation. If they don't pursue and he kills someone, they get blamed. If they do pursue and someone gets killed or injured, they get the blame.

It's easy to Monday-morning quarterback this one.

I'm just glad the officer survived.

I'd still like to know if his car being the fastest was why the other officers allowed him to be the lead chaser.

Or could it have been that he was state trooper and others were local?

Tenntrapper

^^THIS^^

As stated in his statement, they were chasing as a result of his driving prior to being pursued. He had already risked others lives.

It's a no win situation. If they don't pursue and he kills someone, they get blamed. If they do pursue and someone gets killed or injured, they get the blame.

It's easy to Monday-morning quarterback this one.

I'm just glad the officer survived.

I'd still like to know if his car being the fastest was why the other officers allowed him to be the lead chaser.

Or could it have been that he was state trooper and others were local?
I'm thinking the others were local, and he was state. Also noticed his car had a push bar, where the others didn't.

BMan

German spec VW Jetta - would outrun my BMW in a big way. Normal speed was 170-180kph, more to pass as needed.

Let me add this: when you drive the autobahns for years at those types of speeds, on narrower lanes with no median (autobahns don't have medians, just a small shoulder and guardrails in the center), with a stiff suspension tuned for those higher speeds, you get used to it.

Now, come back to the U.S. and drive on a wide-laned interstate with a broad median strip, softer suspension, and a speed limit of 55 - it feels like you are parked. Took me at least a year to get used to it - thankfully at least the speed limit is 70 now!

Latest posts