Who will be in Fayette/Hardeman this weekend?

wwa7

I will be hunting Fayette county this weekend. Who else will be in the Fayette/Hardeman area? Havent scouted much but the reports have not been real good. Any reports?

Boll Weevil

I will be. Personally I haven't heard the first gobble yet and all the turkeys I've seen have been in big bunches. With the crappy cold wet weather though, I have not been out early to listen in over a week. Will be out tomorrow morning though and will report back here.

easy45

I will be on the Chester / hardeman line, I'm still seeing big bunches of birds, I have seen a couple of strutters

Turkey J

Hunted not far from Fayette this morning in slayden ms. 1 bird gobbled 6 times. No luck. But as I was driving around this afternoon I found a long beard by himself feeding in a wheat field. Also Tuesday I saw 2 toms with a group of hens. Seems like season is kicking off perfect this year. I will be in Houston county for the opener but bk in Shelby county Sunday. Hope the birds cooperate this weekend!

Boll Weevil

Went this morning till almost 8...not a peep. Tracks and poo everywhere but they didn't make a sound. I been outside at the farm all day working and haven't heard anything either.

Ain't worried...they're out there.

Layne

I'll be...
hunted MS this morning, worked one long beard that was with 20 hens and 8 jakes... you can imagine how much attention he was paying me. He gave me a few courtesy gobbles but he was too busy running off jakes and strutting.
I did get to see him bread a hen, hadn't seen that in a few years.
Good luck to everyone.

bbuck14

Birds in Fayette haven't been gobbling much on my places for the last couple of weeks. Kind of quiet so far. Maybe with them starting slow the season will get better as it goes rather then being cranked up for 2 weeks before season opens and winding down after a couple of weeks.

Latest posts