Who uses a wing bone call?

WMAn

Who uses a wing bone call almost exclusively?

I haven't had as much time to think about turkey hunting this spring so I didn't replace the ratty mouth calls I have. So, I'm pulling out the wing bone I made last year, and it will be the only call I'll carry this season.

Anyone else use one a lot?

My family is friends with a guy in Kentucky. That's all he uses and with great results. I just need to work with mine for the next five days to get confident.

catman529

I made one last spring and then lost it after killing a bird... Fell out of my shirt pocket. I have the bones to make a new one and intend to do so before season opens. I use a tube call most of the time but would like to carry a wingbone for those sweet yelps. I liked the sound it made, just took a little practice.

Southern Sportsman

I use one a lot, but i dont use anything "almost exclusively." Ive got a handfull that ive made for myself that are servicable, but the first one i ever used was given to me by a guy on another forum. Its made with hen bones and sounds better than any of mine and is still the one i carry. If it is raining i will often go without a vest and will only carry a wingbone and a couple mouth calls.

timberjack86

I made me one from the first gobbler I killed. It took a while and I finally figured out how to use it. I don't use it all the time. Its my secret weapon for public land when nothing else is working.
1333298363.jpg