Who said...

TreyB

A all SEC championship game is gonna have low ratings and bad for football?

Alabama-Georgia title game scores big audience for ESPN

Monday night's national championship game telecast of Alabama's thrilling 26-23 overtime win against Georgia on ESPN was the second most-watched cable event ever, the network announced on Tuesday afternoon.

An average of 28.4 million people watched the College Football Playoff championship that was decided in overtime, a 13% increase from last year's similarly close nail-biter that saw Clemson edge Alabama.

Earlier Tuesday, ESPN reported the game scored an overnight rating of 16.7, up 9% from last year's title game. Only the Oregon-Ohio State CFP championship game in January 2015 had a bigger rating (18.8) and more viewers (33.9 million), which was also on ESPN.

"The record-breaking audiences, over the course of multiple years, clearly reinforce how the College Football Playoff has quickly established itself as an elite event on the sports calendar," Burke Magnus, ESPN's executive vice president of programming and scheduling, said in a statement.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...t ... 016621001/

buckaroo

I have heard on radio that it doesn't hold a candle to NFL, I swear the dumbest thing on earth is to have it late on a Monday night!! How are kids supposed to get hooked on the game when they are in bed

TreyB

buckaroo":a13oexs9 said:
I have heard on radio that it doesn't hold a candle to NFL, I swear the dumbest thing on earth is to have it late on a Monday night!! How are kids supposed to get hooked on the game when they are in bed

Yeah I have heard that before as well. I agree on why so late on a Monday night. Why not on a Friday night or Saturday night? I think they want Friday and Saturday to gain the most out of fandays and all the stuff to do on the weekend and then Monday everyone's wallets are low. lol

TreyB

It is but it doesn't last no where near as long as a football game.

Latest posts