Whitetail monster near 7’6” tall!!

Buckwild64

3478F5F3-E247-4C18-B7CC-1F2688AF9A58.jpeg

I already know whitetails are not supposed to grow to heights of near 8ft. Well about 20 years ago i downed a 7pt who had lost 1 inside tine in a battle.Was late Dec, dressed weight read #200lb on a outdoor ol spring coil scale. I decided to put a tape measure to top of his front shoulder straight down to bottom of hoof. Tape read 4'11" well i didn't realize it at the time but this is a very rare extremely tall deer.So i did some measurements after much thought. Post processing, i measured from the bottom of my left knee to where bucks antlers topped out, about 3" past my left shoulder. Yes i know it's not a scientific biologist preformed method of measurement.I have harvested lots of 8's a 9 and several 11pointers. This buck was exceptionally tall and long. Keep in mind in late Dec, a buck has shed 25-30% of his body mass, So in late Oct-early Nov he may have been over #300lbs on the hoof. He was not a valley farm fed, but from a very rugged mountainous physically demanding terrain.
Seen one i still dream about in same spot who i believe to have been every bit as large and tall with a lot more antler mass.
That's what keeps me going and fired up about whitetail hunting!!
Wiidbuck64

Volbuck777

Pretty cool, tallest deer I've ever seen was in roane co. Longest deer I've seen, I killed and it was in Morgan co Georgia. I think deer are like humans some are just larger than others.

Buckwild64

Maximum height at the shoulder of even the largest bodied borealis whitetails rarely exceeds 46".
The other measurement from knee to just above my shoulder shows 2'6" so + 4'11" is 7'5" . Keep in mind i'm visualizing from the hoof to the tips of the antlers. My tape showed 59" inches at top of shoulder.

arickettsjr

So the tips of the antlers would nearly be scratching a standard height, 8 foot interior ceiling.

Or roughly 8 inches above LeBron's head.

Or roughly a foot taller than a stock height F150.

He's have to duck to go through a garage door!

Sorry, just having fun lol.

Buckwild64

Just saying i've seen thousands of deer over my lifetime. I've taken near a hundred, whitetails ,have never seen a bucks body structure like this one he reminded more of a horse honestly.
I'm not saying was anything special i did. God provided the habitat, terrain, the mountain he lived on. His gene pool was exceptional.!
His head was near more like a horse as well. Anyhow what an expirence.

Snake

I killed a 11 point last day of the season one year that was the biggest I have ever killed in Giles Co.. He weighed 175 dressed after the rut and he was with a doe when I killed him . Didn't measure him but my friends were commenting how long he was , sure filled up the bed of of my pickup . Guy that mounted him had an old Mayfield truck cooler to put deer in to cool out . We hung that buck with his head touching the top of the cooler and his hams were setting on the floor of the cooler . Taxidermist commented as well of how long legged that buck was . May have been a hybrid of a jack who knows J/K he was a stud but his rack was kinda messed up .

Buckwild64

I killed a 11 point last day of the season one year that was the biggest I have ever killed in Giles Co.. He weighed 175 dressed after the rut and he was with a doe when I killed him . Didn't measure him but my friends were commenting how long he was , sure filled up the bed of of my pickup . Guy that mounted him had an old Mayfield truck cooler to put deer in to cool out . We hung that buck with his head touching the top of the cooler and his hams were setting on the floor of the cooler . Taxidermist commented as well of how long legged that buck was . May have been a hybrid of a jack who knows J/K he was a stud but his rack was kinda messed up .
I found some more pictures of this xtra large whitetail.Very long neck, long legs, and very long length along back. I'd like some more discussion as i hope to one day, take one even larger. How unusual is a deer with this overall body size?

Attachments

• 1EB41C5C-0A60-4D7B-9988-3FD1B4B24793.jpeg
    1EB41C5C-0A60-4D7B-9988-3FD1B4B24793.jpeg
    347.1 KB · Views: 148
  • C54DA3B4-8C60-44CF-9074-EAAC61504066.jpeg
    C54DA3B4-8C60-44CF-9074-EAAC61504066.jpeg
    362.7 KB · Views: 145