Whitetail Hunting Book Suggestions?

dammitbobby

What are y'all's suggestions for good books on whitetail hunting or hunting in general? I'd really love to find one specific to the southeast. I appreciate it!

timberjack86

Mapping Trophy Bucks by Brad Herndon.

He does the best job of any author I have read on explaining how terrain features influence whitetail movement. After reading his book, you can take a topo map and have a great idea on where you are most likely to see some deer, including nice bucks.
Just ordered it! Thanks!

DoubleRidge

One of the best stories I have ever read is Red Letter Days in British Columbia by Lieutenant Townsend Whelen written when he was young. I have it in a book Classic Hunting Stories by Lamar Underwood.

I have 'The Greatest Hunting Stories Ever Told' by Lamar Underwood....good read....easy read with a variety of short stories....good stuff.....also enjoy Elmer Keith's books....none of which are specific to southeast whitetails but big game hunting in general.

BSK

Mapping Trophy Bucks by Brad Herndon.

He does the best job of any author I have read on explaining how terrain features influence whitetail movement. After reading his book, you can take a topo map and have a great idea on where you are most likely to see some deer, including nice bucks.
I've heard really good things about this book. I'll have to check it out.

Nsghunter

I've always wanted to read or learn from an East TN type of hunter. Small deer, pressured public land etc. etc. but its hard to find a book about that. Now, Catman's stuff is great if you are looking for an East Tn. perspective.

Latest posts