While everybody else is chasing deer.....

Roost 1

I switched gears. Been watching a group of gobblers in a beanfield every evening after work. Thought I'd give them a try...
3b1cf3585beb7b402aa1744ef5d03ba0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roost 1

Tennessee Lead":3ve6fbhy said:
Congratulations my friend!
What was your strategy?

This property only has about 8 acres of woods on it so I figured the birds were hanging in the woods.
Actually I hadn't been there very long and a small group of hens came out into the field about 300yds away so I began calling a little. Well they didn't stay out long and went back in the woods. I hadn't been seeing these hens, only gobblers, in the evenings. Apparently the gobblers were close enough to hear my calling because they came from the neighbors wheat field, behind me, about 20 minutes later. I can see all these fields from the road and have not seen any birds in the wheat field.
Prolly more luck than anything else but it was a break from deer hunting and a good way to pass a little time waiting for the UK game to come on.

Tennessee Lead

Gotta Love it when a plan comes together!
I had a bird gobble 2 times this morning when I was shivering in the tree stand.
The morning I killed my Doe the hens were talking like crazy there. I was really enjoying listening to them and almost had my brain in the wrong gear when the deer came in. Of course when I shot they hushed up.
Congratulations

whiskey

I'm telling you, Old Roost1 is a turkey killing fool. He can kill'em in his sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts