Which load and choke?

Shanman

Just ordered my stepson a Super Bantam 20 combo and was wondering what you guys would recommend for load and choke. I am leaning towards the HW#7 as I do not load and not positive about which choke. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Andy S.

3" TSS #9s from Apex ammunition with factory full choke, or a cheap choke that is slightly more constricted (0.01 - 0.02), keep shots to 50 an under, and life will be good. You'll have approximately 590 very dense pellets going downrange that will out penetrate any other viable option.

https://apex-ammunition.myshopify.com/c ... -1-5-8oz-9

If you want to shoot the 20G Federal HW #7s, I'd suggest stocking up on them as I have heard plenty of chatter that suggests they will likely be discontinued in the near term. Not sure if that is true, but I would stock up if I wanted to continue shooting them.

Good luck with your choice.

Shanman

Had read all you guys bragging on that load but honestly thought you had to roll your own, good to know they can be purchased online. Going to put a FF3 on top and now wondering about the sight-in. I'm guessing the initial sight-in can be done with lead say out to 30yds, then change over to Apex and fine tune? If that will work it would save some dollars. Thanks for the info!

Latest posts