Where to start shopping?

fishboy1

Looks like I might be in the market for an X bow for next season.
Jacked up shoulder and elbow are getting to the point that I will need to drop 15 # on my OLD compound which means a new bow or new limbs and cams.

Figured I would look into X bows and being a total newbie, figured on asking where and how to start shopping for an xbow.

What should I be looking for?
Features? Speed? Quiet? Weight? Other ?

Thanks.

timberjack86

How much are you willing to spend??? I use a cheap Horton that has always got the job done for me. Granted arrow speed is a little slower and it probably a little noisy but I have killed a few deer and a coyote with it from the ground.

fishboy1

Im not into the super expensive stuff. Just want a quality piece of equipment that will last. Looks like most manufacturers have price points set around$399- $500-$800-$1000+

Grill-n-man

Check out High Country Archery web sight. They have a new product for compound bows out that attaches your release to a harness on your arm allowing you to draw using more back muscle than arm and shoulder. I have seen one but not had the chance to try it out.

smokepolehall

Lots of used Excals on the market at good prices, they have warranty. Solid easy to use & gets the job done. No press no timin issues no shops fees. I have been ownin n shootin them fer 15 yrs now

Ratvol

Excalibur without a doubt. Recurve crossbow that requires no bow press to change out string. Most accurate crossbow according to Excalibur.

Latest posts