Where to buy Jebs, Compnchoke, or Indian Creek

Uncle Jesse

OK I'm gonna be in Nashville this weekend. Is there any where that would have any of the chokes listed in stock for a 410? So far that's the only ones that I've found that offers 410 Yildiz chokes

Southern Sportsman

Check our Sumtoy Customs. Not real well known in the "mainstream," but they have a very loyal following among TSS hand loaders and other turkey ballistics nerds. I don't know if they'll be at the convention, but you can call and someone will answer and tell you anything you need to know. They've been making .410 chokes for turkey hunters since way before .410 tungsten loads were commercially available.

Rakkin6

I would say the convention also. But if needed you may also be able to order online at Bass Pro and just pick up at the store if you don't want to do the convention. Just be prepared to buy something else if you go to the convention happens to me every year lol.

Uncle Jesse

Btw, Yildiz 410 chokes are hard to find. I think I checked SumToy site and they didn't have one. I'd be happy if Carlson made one for about $40

I'm leaning toward Jebs since theirs ain't ported. I'll be using this in an over/under and gonna use my factory flush for my close range barrel. Seems like the porting would catch more crud from the flush choke

REN

I cannot comment on a 410 version of the chokes as I have not spent the time to build mine out yet. However when it comes to ported vs non ported I wouldnt worry about crude if that is the issue you are worried about.

Generally speaking the no ported are around for use on shells with specific wads, so if you are using apex/handloads or federal without the flight control wads then a using a ported is not really an issue. A lot of ported chokes use the actual ports to help slow the wad down and are designed for more then recoil control. Personally I always go with a ported version IF the gun/ammo I am using allows it and have never had an issue with excess crude or dirt on them. I even use ported for my waterfowl gun and have shot A LOT of rounds though it with no issues.

again just my opinion but there is nothing wrong with going either route.

Uncle Jesse

I was referring to the bottom barrel being a flush choke and top barrel being an extended choke. There will probably be a lot of powder residue on the outside of the extended choke from shooting the bottom barrel with the flush choke

Federal 410 TSS does not have a flight control anyway

spoon

Uncle Jesse":3qzcvw0x said:
lothar":3qzcvw0x said:
If you're going to the convention, there will be several booths that have them

Oh is that this weekend? I've never been. How much it cost to get in?

If you are NWTF member is free, if not, it's 35.00 for membership. Over the past several years if you joined at the convention they give you a Bass Pro 25.00 gift card

lothar

MickThompson":1zw5lccp said:
I know Trulock makes turkey chokes for Yildiz in 20 and 12. Not sure if they make a .410. They are usually at the convention.

It is $35 but you get the $25 gift card. It is good for the whole weekend. If you wanted to go to the show, it is one fee total for the 3 days

Roost 1

TSS shooters test results are showing the 410s are patterning better with ported chokes. JEBS and Sumtoy do not offer ported
410 chokes. Indian Creek and Comp N Choke are seeming to be the preferred chokes now.
I'd suggest the Indian Creek in .385.

Latest posts