Where are the deer?

Bone Collector

Just an observation but not many kill pics on the forum this year. I know it has definitely been a slower than average year for me. There are a bunch of acorns, but spots that have continually produced for me for the past 10 years are not producing hardly any sightings and when I do see a deer it is a fawn (like last years deer), so I am not shooting that. Especially when it has spikes that may or may not be 3" long.

The last 3 sits in 3 high producing spots have netted me with 0 deer seen. Is everyone else not seeing deer or has it been business as usual?

Buzzard Breath

I think the aliens came and got them all. My spots have produced zero sightings, so I've gone back to fishing while the weather stays warm. I'll get back to chasing them in a couple of weeks when the T gets the bucks moving some.

BubbaGoneWild

Well 2019 season 130k deer were killed, last season almost 160k deer were killed. And I'm sure the numbers will rise higher this year. I like looking at the books and lot of other states had record number of harvests to last year

JCDEERMAN

I haven't even been hunting yet. I plan to this weekend with the cooler temperatures. With the amount of acorns we have this year, the hunting right now will be hard. Bed to food, food to bed....and they don't have to go far at all. I wouldn't either in this heat.

catman529

I've killed 4 does so far, sat and watched my two shooter bucks in the backyard quite a few times but still haven't got a shot at either of them. Hunting was slow at the start of season for me, but once I started finding hot acorn trees I started seeing a lot more deer in the past week. Just found a spot yesterday that got potential to shoot a buck, just don't know how big a buck is in the area yet.

JeepKuntry

I haven't been seeing many when I am driving this past week. Probably changing patterns a bit. Only got to sit one morning so far and 0 sightings. I had planned to go this Saturday but to many projects to finish before moving. So it will be juvi before I hit the woods again. Hopefully Carleigh can get a buck. That's all she wants now that she has taken a doe.

30-06 type of guy

I've seen deer every hunt except for 2 but it's only been does and fawns that I can confirm. I've shot 3 so far so it'll probably just be horn hunting for a while. Found a rub and bedding in a thicket last Friday evening and got deer coming thru it but no buck before dark. The one I shot yesterday was in persimmons.

Ladys man

I've sat 5 times so far, 2 different county's in different regions. only 1 deer seen on stand another seen while walking in, I'm not finding any acorns in any of the areas I hunt, just a few here and there, maybe there eating them as they hit but no fresh sign anywhere. Hopefully it will start changing soon.

NAjoe

35FE703E-7CBF-4A59-9535-76A3DE419DEC.jpeg
3BD4D53A-2E06-4302-AC97-594950CE1426.jpeg

just need some cooler weather. I cant sit in 85° weather, bow huntin, in my old age

Knothead

The heat has kept some hunters out of the woods. Also the mosquitoes are the absolute worst I've ever seen them at our lease this year.
Heat, mosquitoes, AND grandparent duty. 😊
I'd rather keep grandkids than hunt, when it comes right down to it. Before long, I'll be able to take them with me and enjoy the best of both worlds!

Latest posts