When is the last time the Bammers were this pessimistic?

PalsPal

I know, I know rat poison, but honestly when was the last time?

Google says that the last time Bama was an underdog was 2015, and the last time they were more than 6.5 dogs was 2010.

BTW, the line is 6.5 currently, and the O/U has dropped 4 pts!

I bet some ALABAMA fans are losing sleep over it :D !

prstide

Google says that the last time Bama was an underdog was 2015, and the last time they were more than 6.5 dogs was 2010.

The night of October 21, 2006. Been living rent free ever since.

Spurhunter

Betting 101

When the fans or anyone starts betting one team heavily, Vegas adjusts accordingly. With that being said, he never mentioned a fan(s) setting the lines
You are talking to a guy that believes sound strategy is betting on his favorite team and against teams he hates every week. He may not understand how betting lines work.

PalsPal

Betting 101

When the fans or anyone starts betting one team heavily, Vegas adjusts accordingly. With that being said, he never mentioned a fan(s) setting the lines

And for the next lesson, we might want to explain that the line isn't about predicting who will win, but how they can set a line where those betting the over is close to those betting the under.

When all of the money was being bet on GA at the opening line, they moved it quickly to keep from losing heavily.

So actually, it is the bettors who set the line.

Spurhunter

And for the next lesson, we might want to explain that the line isn't about predicting who will win, but how they can set a line where those betting the over is close to those betting the under.
Many people don't understand this. They set lines based on what people will bet. Vegas doesn't care who the better team is, who wins, or any of that. They are perfectly happy to have $1M bet on one side, $1M bet on the other side, and they make a fortune in juice with no risk.

PillsburyDoughboy

I slept well last night. Enjoy the Taxslayer bowl. I know how much it means to you.

Latest posts